What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would you do and use to polish them up ?

The passenger side cover is definitely a rougher cast than the driver’s and needs refinishing in some areas

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What would you do and use to polish them up ?

The passenger side cover is definitely a rougher cast than the driver’s and needs refinishing in some areas
I would sand the blemish's with sand paper , starting with something coarse, nothing grittier than 120 grit and work up to 3000 wet sand paper, then start polishing with a good polishing compound. I'm no expert, there are some on here that might have a better idea. I was able to get a semi-gloss finish from mine with using 3000 grit wet paper and then used turtle wax polishing compound by hand. I would think an electric polisher of some sort should be able to get a mirror finish without a doubt. There must be a way to do it 100%, hopefully somebody chimes in with some expert advice.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I’ve had mine for about 5 years now, it’s been through tons of beach salt and ****** NY winter roads it’s still ain’t rusted out and intact. They’re over-built, I highly recommend them

Good to know since im also up here in the great salty northeast lol. Too bad they raised the price to $1k now vs what they sold for in the thread about them :boxed: lol

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I would sand the blemish's with sand paper , starting with something coarse, nothing grittier than 120 grit and work up to 3000 wet sand paper, then start polishing with a good polishing compound. I'm no expert, there are some on here that might have a better idea. I was able to get a semi-gloss finish from mine with using 3000 grit wet paper and then used turtle wax polishing compound by hand. I would think an electric polisher of some sort should be able to get a mirror finish without a doubt. There must be a way to do it 100%, hopefully somebody chimes in with some expert advice.

Yup agree. This is what ive used to polish many item not on my vehicles cause i dont like the chrome style lol. Have done a few gun barrels and feed ramps etc. if you have a mini buffer use a wool or stiffer pad first then go to a softer one for final polish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 8