What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cobrajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed it for the first time in three months. The red clay was really baked on. Any suggestions for cleaning the plastic trim of the exterior and running boards would be great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed it for the first time in three months. The red clay was really baked on. Any suggestions for cleaning the plastic trim of the exterior and running boards would be great.

Pressure washer to the running boards and trim. Black plastic trim I usually one of those deep black trim soaps and scrub it on and wipe it off when it is really stained or just wipe on and off if discolored.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Other people might say different but using dish soap on the running boards does clean them, but hurts more than it helps.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Picked up some goodies from SDHQ.

Switch Pros panel installed in my stock console and custom bracket to mount the Switch Pros brain on the firewall.
That looks awesome! I ever find a use for more than 4 I know what I'll be doing now!

cobrajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pressure washer to the running boards and trim. Black plastic trim I usually one of those deep black trim soaps and scrub it on and wipe it off when it is really stained or just wipe on and off if discolored.

Other people might say different but using dish soap on the running boards does clean them, but hurts more than it helps.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

That looks awesome! I ever find a use for more than 4 I know what I'll be doing now!

Thanks! I was at it with the pressure and foam cannon and detail spray, but the iron in the clay really stained the black plastic. I'll need to find a better chemical for the trim.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! I was at it with the pressure and foam cannon and detail spray, but the iron in the clay really stained the black plastic. I'll need to find a better chemical for the trim.

Use some Tire & Rubber Cleaner to clean the mud out of the trim and running boards. Use the Trim & Lug Nut Brush on the trim, and the Tire Brush on the running boards.

If you don't already have some, consider the Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner Collection. This product really works great on the tires, so having a gallon refill is a good idea.

There might be a sale starting soon, so keep an eye out for the thread. :biggrin:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Use some Tire & Rubber Cleaner to clean the mud out of the trim and running boards. Use the Trim & Lug Nut Brush on the trim, and the Tire Brush on the running boards.

If you don't already have some, consider the Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner Collection. This product really works great on the tires, so having a gallon refill is a good idea.

There might be a sale starting soon, so keep an eye out for the thread. :biggrin:

it is awesome still have some in a 16oz and one full gallon, maybe I should drive more...

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Since no one else did anything today, I'll tell you that I parked mine next to this cool red truck. I think it was a Raptor, too! :ROFLJest:

20170902_131406.jpg