What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why this has plummeted..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
83edfb9fd3bc28ee0652c9a4419ea065.jpg

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is running normal and your foot is not to blame i'd check tank for leaks or could be thieves

Could be lack of sleep or pain meds that are making me over think this or under think it.
How would a fuel leak or removal of fuel affect the mpg's? I would imagine the "miles to e" and the fuel needle itself but not mpg. when I'm on E I still get 13mpg.
I just got a headache.

Last edited:

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased these last week, from what everyone has said is that they work,

RCV Ultimate IWE Eliminator Set for Ford Raptor ('10 & Up) & F-150 ('04 & Up)

Sent from iPhone 6S+

Im curious how these will work out too. The problem I see with basically sleeving the axle to the hub is first off, gas mileage will suffer. And depending on how much you drive, the front driveshaft is spinning all the time. While this may not seem like a big deal, the fleet I work at has a lot of Dodge trucks that use a similar system. The front diff & driveline are always engaged and shifting to 4wd is done at the Transfer case alone. We had one front driveline come apart at the u joint while driving down the highway and it was ugly. It totaled the truck! And the Dodge (Ram) front driveshaft U joint has a needle grease zerk, Raptors dont. And few of us mechanics even knew about it. In fairness, we only had 1 come apart, but you can bet they had a campaign to get them all inspected & greased.

It may not be an issue at all, the U joint may hold up fine. But no doubt your gas mileage will drop. Please post a follow up when you have run these for a while. I would personally rather see a better, stronger version of the IWE made. I seem to recall one of the vendors that post here was working on a better IWE. Any word on that ?

D

Deleted member 12951

im curious how these will work out too. The problem i see with basically sleeving the axle to the hub is first off, gas mileage will suffer. And depending on how much you drive, the front driveshaft is spinning all the time. While this may not seem like a big deal, the fleet i work at has a lot of dodge trucks that use a similar system. The front diff & driveline are always engaged and shifting to 4wd is done at the transfer case alone. We had one front driveline come apart at the u joint while driving down the highway and it was ugly. It totaled the truck! And the dodge (ram) front driveshaft u joint has a needle grease zerk, raptors dont. And few of us mechanics even knew about it. In fairness, we only had 1 come apart, but you can bet they had a campaign to get them all inspected & greased.

It may not be an issue at all, the u joint may hold up fine. But no doubt your gas mileage will drop. Please post a follow up when you have run these for a while. I would personally rather see a better, stronger version of the iwe made. I seem to recall one of the vendors that post here was working on a better iwe. Any word on that ?

@haynes offroad