What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aj.cruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spent 4 or 5 hours adjusting to mid perch. ON ONE SIDE. I'm going to have to do the other tomorrow.
Man doing a perch adjust on a 2yr old is a PITA.
Set screw wouldn't come out. I tried a screw extractor but there was too much junk in the way to get a good angle on it. So I drilled it out. Slowly. Drilled a little, hammered a little, drilled a little, hammered a little... broke 3 drill bits.
Realized the sticker was snagging and pealing back so I pushed the perch down a bit, ripped off some of the sticker, got back to it.
I had beat the crap out of the perch with my rubber mallet, so much that the metal from the mallet was starting to chew through the rubber and I didn't realize until I saw a few small dings on the perch. Flipped it to the other side and continued.
Putting the tie rod back on the knuckle the tie rod bolt kept spinning because the nut was pretty tight/bound on the bolt. I had to tweak the heck out of my impact wrench and spam the startup to get enough of the bolt exposed through the nut so I could grab it with a wrench and finish the rest off by hand.
Gross. But it'll be worth it.

Last edited: