What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id be happy to have a set just for winter lol.
Serious winter up there man. Can you see Canada and like polar bears in the distance?!! :rofl: Getting mixed reviews here about whether or not it will actually dip below "warmish" in January/February, after moving here in June when it was "inferno"...
IMG_6469.JPG

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Serious winter up there man. Can you see Canada and like polar bears in the distance?!! :rofl: Getting mixed reviews here about whether or not it will actually dip below "warmish" in January/February, after moving here in June when it was "inferno"...
View attachment 428888

Is gj the only one that makes a qd for the swaybars ?

The closest part of canada is about a 3-4 hr drive LOL.

Took me a few hrs to find my driveway..
IMG_6897.jpeg

Last edited:

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is gj the only one that makes a qd for the swaybars ?

The closest part of canada is about a 3-4 hr drive LOL.

Took me a few hrs to find my driveway..
View attachment 428905
:eek:

I didn't even know GJ had 'em. I thought the Rubicon disconnect was pretty ingenious, although in practice not sure it works that great heh, or maybe that was the new Bronco version but either way that's the best of both worlds if it works, QD links wouldn't be bad either...

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
:eek:

I didn't even know GJ had 'em. I thought the Rubicon disconnect was pretty ingenious, although in practice not sure it works that great heh, or maybe that was the new Bronco version but either way that's the best of both worlds if it works, QD links wouldn't be bad either...

After a ton of reading. The QDs do have an issue of trying to keep the bar out of the way safely. With how easy the bar is to remove it makes more sense to just do it that way LOL. After i get mod perch done ill give it a shot

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you run no sway bar on road? Regularly?
If so, what's your opinion on it? I thought of removing mine eventually, and mounting straps to lower sway bar link mount, just as you mentioned. Just curious how you think the truck handles and rides on road without sway bar.
@BenBB ive been wondering how no sway bar would be on road. Seems unsafe since its its how i grew up with street cars LOL. Maybe QD ends would be best for me to try plus i think its an inspection item here(maybe idk). I also wonder how it works in snow/ice conditions since sliding around is more common.
No sway bar on mine for the last 3.5 years and it will never go back on for street/offroading. I only throw it back on when Im towing the Bronco. Without it the front end is softer and you can feel more shock travel. At speeds on the highway it does get floaty but its manageable. You have slightly less feedback but you quickly forget about it when you feel the new ride quality and body roll.

I just took my truck up and down a twisty road from 2,200 to 9,200 elevation and ripped on it hard. Got the 37s to howl on a couple turns but it was very predictable and would be way less fun with the sway bar installed. Have not had it in snow/ice yet.
Does not having the swaybar make any difference going over pot holes LOL
Yes, slight reduction in harshness

Last edited: