What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally finished my bed rack and installed the hardware to hold the hi lift.
ehy8e8y9.jpg
se6ysapu.jpg

Meyercord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I had the time for that. Need to drive up next week for the GLRE Time Attack and since I can not drive the truck its a real PIA to get new rubber let alone wait for it to be shipped and then mounted and then put on the truck.

I did find a set of 2014 beadlocks with less than 100 miles on the tires and the guy should be here in 30 minutes with them.

Damn man. Just sucks that some people are such low life's.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plasti dip!

Plasti-dipped my front fender vents and put black reflective tape behind the SVT cut out.

fMBMUH7FnV0FfipjXA2SfFgViBLZU7n2ZYFqfkwc=s192-p-no.jpg

Reflective black tape.

nk9sjc_jNv8EfAoU1vL-1irdjpEfNDzGushqZyms=s192-p-no.jpg

Oh, and installed doug's cut-out....

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nicely done. Looks clean

Altough the colors ain'tworking for me

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

LOL, that's what the wife said!

I like the contrast...definitely stands out...it matches the 6.2L badge and the windshield banner....

Pb1lhZx0PWOXEu-ITYoH7pN9F1lOVSANy4FzRgBo=s192-p-no.jpg

The cool thing about plasti-dip is it can be removed very easily.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score

WSI 2 tire rack (DIY edition), after a test fit with some tires in I realised that the hi-lift would not fit across the top of the back rail and still allow the cover to close. Looking around at the left over sections of tube from finishing/notching the rack I worked out that I had enough to build the small bar off the front of one of the sides. So I joined two sections (well a pipe fitter friend of mine did that weld) of cut off end to end, notched it and tacked it in place, then notched one of the smaller cut offs as a brace, tacked that, then welded it all in place with some pointers from a friend that works in race fab shops.

I already had the hi-lift 1-2" tube mounts that I wanted to use, so I cut some tabs from 1" angle to use as the mount points as the tube clamps would probably just slip round. Then I drilled the bolt holes, clamped them all to the new section of tube welded up the sides of the mounts trimmed them and the welded the back side (not that it was required for strength just looks).

Rack was then finished with rustoleum bed liner rattle cans. After paint the hilft mounts were bolted on using some fresh grade 8.8 hardware (I may upgrade this to imperial grade 8, as metric 8.8 is closer to imperial grade 5).

Today I think I will CAD up an end cap for the tube so I can print it on the 3d printer next time I go to the workshop, that and install the bolt covers that I printed for the bolt heads attached to the bed bolts.

Last edited: