What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
its been slow today I decided to paint my diff cover blue granite in homage to my tahoe i traded for this truck and its the only blue i had since my radiator hoses and plug wires are going blue also why not lol. Yeah theres runs in it, i put it on heavy cause i was tired of crawling under to do it… nothing a light wet sand and another coating wont fix lol.

Attachments

• 7CB5043D-FA17-47BF-BFC4-F8B9653C2ED3.jpeg
    7CB5043D-FA17-47BF-BFC4-F8B9653C2ED3.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 24

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its been slow today I decided to paint my diff cover blue granite in homage to my tahoe i traded for this truck and its the only blue i had since my radiator hoses and plug wires are going blue also why not lol. Yeah theres runs in it, i put it on heavy cause i was tired of crawling under to do it… nothing a light wet sand and another coating wont fix lol.
When are those hoses going on? Have you bought a swear jar yet for when you do the lower rad hose?

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove the family over the mountain to visit sister whom has a nasty Sarcoma eating at her and she has just a few weeks left. On the way back I got drowsy and told the wife to take over driving when i get stopped. What do I get? The normal tease.. "oh, your gonna let me drive your precious?", "you better not! I might wreck it! lol!". (Such is married life). Off over the pass we go. I fall asleep for what? Maybe ten minutes only to feel all the air being sucked out of the cab they released back in as "OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD". My spider sense feels the Raptor moving at an odd angle in a slide.

Hat's off to that girl! She has been paying more attention than I though to the last 5 years of advanced driving school. She pulled 7000lbs of Raptor back into shape and slowing down the road to a stop. We pulled over and I said "it must be time for me to drive" and we traded places. Over the next 20 minutes you could hear a soft "I'm so sorry!" over and over. No worries love, no damage done and you did well.

What I didn't mention yet and bearing in mind we had just an hour ago left a picnic at 62 degrees out. Now it's 30 and as I made my way around the front of the Raptor I noticed I was having quite a time staying upright. I look at the road surface (asphalt)...stripes and all with a full 1/4 of crystal clear ice....oh and with a water film on top. I think only an air hocky table is slipperier. I don't think I drove more that 1/2 mile till back to wet pavement but she had a damned good excuse to suck up all the air!

All in all....memories were made.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I drove the family over the mountain to visit sister whom has a nasty Sarcoma eating at her and she has just a few weeks left. On the way back I got drowsy and told the wife to take over driving when i get stopped. What do I get? The normal tease.. "oh, your gonna let me drive your precious?", "you better not! I might wreck it! lol!". (Such is married life). Off over the pass we go. I fall asleep for what? Maybe ten minutes only to feel all the air being sucked out of the cab they released back in as "OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD". My spider sense feels the Raptor moving at an odd angle in a slide.

Hat's off to that girl! She has been paying more attention than I though to the last 5 years of advanced driving school. She pulled 7000lbs of Raptor back into shape and slowing down the road to a stop. We pulled over and I said "it must be time for me to drive" and we traded places. Over the next 20 minutes you could hear a soft "I'm so sorry!" over and over. No worries love, no damage done and you did well.

What I didn't mention yet and bearing in mind we had just an hour ago left a picnic at 62 degrees out. Now it's 30 and as I made my way around the front of the Raptor I noticed I was having quite a time staying upright. I look at the road surface (asphalt)...stripes and all with a full 1/4 of crystal clear ice....oh and with a water film on top. I think only an air hocky table is slipperier. I don't think I drove more that 1/2 mile till back to wet pavement but she had a damned good excuse to suck up all the air!

All in all....memories were made.
Heck yeah hitting black ice and then saving it from a skid, great job. No need to be sorry. Living in a cold snowy state i can attest to driving in that weather often. This time of year can be more dangerous then it is in winter just because of that situation.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the airbag warning stickers off the visors. Got distracted with lunch and never went back to get the residue that was left over off. Probably take care of that tomorrow. The photos actually capture it better than the eye does in person.View attachment 347021View attachment 347022View attachment 347023
1.) I need a TV in my garage.... shit I need a garage again.
2.) I left those stickers but I've been meaning to pull the ones off my jetski, but I just dont have the heart to do it... shit I have stickers from purchase on the very laptop I'm typing on!