What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got halfway done today, supposed to be nice outside so the other side will get done tomorrow. Out with the old factory spring:
IMG_4703.JPEG
In with the RCV IWE delete:
IMG_4705.JPEG
Bagged and saved the stock IWE, removing the lines I discovered my problem, one of the LH top shock nuts pinched the vacuum line last time I put them in. Will try the RCV's, if I don't like them I'll go back to stock and add Forged silicone lines.

Here's a Gieser spring next to stock:
IMG_4706.JPEG
Guess I'll put the stock springs in the "Pay it Forward" thead in case anybody needs 'em (I really doubt it haha!). New shock hat and rubber insulator, reused all the nuts with some blue Loctite and torqued to spec. Chinese ebay spring compressor getting the job done, didn't slip or rocket into orbit, worked great once I adjusted it enough:
IMG_4707.JPEG
Everything buttoned up and slightly cleaner (it was wash the truck or swap springs this weekend, I chose the latter):
IMG_4708.JPEG

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking preh-tee- nice . Can’t wait to do this in the upcoming weeks. How trashed were your top shock mounts? Trying to decide whether or not to replace them when I rebuild my shocks

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking preh-tee- nice . Can’t wait to do this in the upcoming weeks. How trashed were your top shock mounts? Trying to decide whether or not to replace them when I rebuild my shocks
Really not that bad, I didn't replace them when I rebuilt the shocks 3-4 years ago so figured might as well this time. The rubber insulator looked good, not stiff or dried out, and I still don't know why there's a bearing in the shock hat, it's not like the shock shaft is spinning, but it too was in good shape. Like everyone I'm chasing clunks and will see if these help (along with retorquing the LCA and UCA pivots, I think the lowers are what I'm hearing)...

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got halfway done today, supposed to be nice outside so the other side will get done tomorrow. Out with the old factory spring:
View attachment 345138
View attachment 345139
Bagged and saved the stock IWE, removing the lines I discovered my problem, one of the LH top shock nuts pinched the vacuum line last time I put them in. Will try the RCV's, if I don't like them I'll go back to stock and add Forged silicone lines.

View attachment 345140
Guess I'll put the stock springs in the "Pay it Forward" thead in case anybody needs 'em (I really doubt it haha!). New shock hat and rubber insulator, reused all the nuts with some blue Loctite and torqued to spec. Chinese ebay spring compressor getting the job done, didn't slip or rocket into orbit, worked great once I adjusted it enough:
View attachment 345141
Everything buttoned up and slightly cleaner (it was wash the truck or swap springs this weekend, I chose the latter):
View attachment 345142
What grease have you been using on the “teeth” on the end of the axle and hub?

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 345138
View attachment 345139

View attachment 345140
View attachment 345141
View attachment 345142
I need that spring compressor. I have always used the cheap clamp style. I usually wear safety glasses and close my eyes as I tighten them as if my eyelids and some plastic glasses are going to protect my face from the flying springs of death.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really not that bad, I didn't replace them when I rebuilt the shocks 3-4 years ago so figured might as well this time. The rubber insulator looked good, not stiff or dried out, and I still don't know why there's a bearing in the shock hat, it's not like the shock shaft is spinning, but it too was in good shape. Like everyone I'm chasing clunks and will see if these help (along with retorquing the LCA and UCA pivots, I think the lowers are what I'm hearing)...
How many miles are on your UCA's and lower ball joints? I replaced mine recently and so far no clunk. Front end is tight. Torquing the UCA's might help. My clunk went away for a little while when I replaced my struts.