What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
So if the law allows 35% and you have 15% why are you removing it? Or did you type that backwards?

35% is lighter than 15%. I know it sounds weird lol. The rap is 15 and my old tahoe has 35. Idk if you can see the difference in the pics.

Attachments

• 6BE96AFB-5835-440B-A1E1-E0CEE1229737.jpeg
    6BE96AFB-5835-440B-A1E1-E0CEE1229737.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 520CAE6C-9C53-4879-B7D4-E650893A6D17.jpeg
    520CAE6C-9C53-4879-B7D4-E650893A6D17.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 10

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Well it looks like today I learned something. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt. LOL
In simple terms,

35% vs 20% vs 5%. What are the differences?

The restrictions on the amount of visible light being transmitted into a car are defined and measured in percentages. These different percentages are the minimum amount of light that should be getting through the glass. The higher percentage means the tint is lighter. Lower tint percentage means the tint is darker. The legal percentage varies from state to state and also for the different windows of the car.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
In simple terms,

35% vs 20% vs 5%. What are the differences?

The restrictions on the amount of visible light being transmitted into a car are defined and measured in percentages. These different percentages are the minimum amount of light that should be getting through the glass. The higher percentage means the tint is lighter. Lower tint percentage means the tint is darker. The legal percentage varies from state to state and also for the different windows of the car.

Yup, when they did my tahoe with 35% it registered near 33% cause of the factory tint. Which its close enough to legal and passed. Lol

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well unfortunately it almost time to strip the tint off my windows.. im going to need an inspection soon, the state law for tint here is 35% on front 2 windows and i bought it with 15% on it.
How often do you need an inspection? We never need one here.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once a year.
FFS, you know that this is just a money grab, another way of the government to steal hard earned money from hard working tax payers. We had this bs years ago and voted the government out as it did nothing to clean the air or protect the roads and this is Granola, tree hugging territory.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
FFS, you know that this is just a money grab, another way of the government to steal hard earned money from hard working tax payers. We had this bs years ago and voted the government out as it did nothing to clean the air or protect the roads and this is Granola, tree hugging territory.

Yeah, it also keeps a lot of unsafe junker vehicles off the road. Thats the only plus i see with it. Lol. Its about $13 for a sticker if you pass and even if you dont its $13 d.icks

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it also keeps a lot of unsafe junker vehicles off the road. Thats the only plus i see with it. Lol. Its about $13 for a sticker if you pass and even if you dont its $13 lol d.icks
Our way of thinking up here was: people can't afford to drive clunkers, they cost more to operate and fill up with fuel than buying a decent vehicle and older vehicles are now more maintained than new vehicles these days because they are all owned by people with some disposable cash. I'm sure your inspections only create more hardship for the middle income owners with families, because that's the greater population. Okay, I vented enough, go get that clean inspection, lol.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our way of thinking up here was: people can't afford to drive clunkers, they cost more to operate and fill up with fuel than buying a decent vehicle and older vehicles are now more maintained than new vehicles these days because they are all owned by people with some disposable cash. I'm sure your inspections only create more hardship for the middle income owners with families, because that's the greater population. Okay, I vented enough, go get that clean inspection, lol.
somedays I wish for something like this, cause there are lots of POS vehicles out there that do not look road worthy. I know you need to pass an inspection to get insurance on older models, but even the insurance companies dont always adhere to it lol.