What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1aad44e507a5cd08f676263ff64244fa.jpg

Coated svc bypass rack in steelit

e9f004c9e15d8d8c7a6d05df564bb80f.jpg

Coated diff in steelit

ccf3f8337f92e13a90d780ece28c8396.jpg

Svc ABS bump kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 17706

What all have you coated with steel-it?

DP

I am using it on my LCA’s. The stuff works great! It is very similar to AMSOIL HDMP in regards to how functional it is straight out of the can.

https://youtu.be/LnLSHVQobHo

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

1aad44e507a5cd08f676263ff64244fa.jpg

Coated svc bypass rack in steelit

e9f004c9e15d8d8c7a6d05df564bb80f.jpg

Coated diff in steelit

ccf3f8337f92e13a90d780ece28c8396.jpg

Svc ABS bump kit

My only regret is not coating all the suspension components before I had them installed on the truck. Lol it is a pain to coat everything on the truck, but it is well worth it!

Dozer466

Reaction score
I am using it on my LCA’s. The stuff works great! It is very similar to AMSOIL HDMP in regards to how functional it is straight out of the can.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

My only regret is not coating all the suspension components before I had them installed on the truck. Lol it is a pain to coat everything on the truck, but it is well worth it!

Are you sand blasting your parts first or just sanding them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dozer466

Reaction score
I shoot that stuff over everything and hasn’t flaked off yet. I usually hit it with scotchbrite and brake cleaner and shoot the steel it right over it

Nice, I’m going to do my upper and lower control arms since they are starting to rust a little from the powder coating getting blasted off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you do any of your frame? Rocker panels?

D

Deleted member 17706

Did you do any of your frame? Rocker panels?

No, I have not. I use AMSOIL HDMP for my frame. I pressure wash the underneath and body panels of my truck. Here in the coming months, I am going to Kevlar the entire body of my Gen 1.

I am sure you would have no problem using STEEL-IT on the frame. Very easy application once you clean the surface of the object that you want to spray.