What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the B&M Oil Dipstick and more...

I didn't notice it until @J DAMAGE mentioned it, but the braided tube was indeed against the heater tube. So I relocated it a little left, behind the JLT oil separator which was full. (I need to touch up the previous holes). This new location had it against a wire bundle, so I used @J DAMAGE suggestion to insulate it. I also used @Canuck714 suggestion to use some pipe foam and secured it with electrical tape and zip ties.

I also had it in the shop, where they admitted to only checking the transmission fluid cold after the flush as @Ruger suggested. They gave me a discount on the other work I had done:
  • Synthetic Oil Change
  • Installed B&M Oil Pan
  • Fixed malfunctioning Rear Sliding Window by replacing the switch
The oil pan; dipstick; already installed @RPG "Saudi" Transmission Fluid Radiator; Deavers +3; and @svc Adjustable Bump Stops helped keep my temps low and towing my new trailer easy.

Last week I also removed my Retrax Pro to redo the weatherstripping which was going bad, and used the opportunity to install BuiltRight Industires Bed Side Panel System. I should be able to reinstall the Retrax Pro without the panels interfering.

Good grief, the mods never end...thanks for all the help guys!

Attachments

• 20180714_102657.jpg
    20180714_102657.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20180714_102749_Rotated.jpg
    20180714_102749_Rotated.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 20171021_002617.jpg
    20171021_002617.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the service invoice doesn't provide adequate documentation that they improperly serviced your transmission, you need a documented and signed admission from the dealer. If you encounter transmission trouble in the future, you'll need it.

I'd keep an eye on that electrical tape, @Skyfrog. Electrical tape's adhesive is notorious for failing when it gets hot. I situations like this I use stainless steel zip ties. They're available at Ace Hardware.

Last edited:

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the service invoice doesn't provide adequate documentation that they improperly serviced your transmission, you need a documented and signed admission from the dealer. If you encounter transmission trouble in the future, you'll need it.

I'd keep an eye on that electrical tape, @Skyfrog. Electrical tape's adhesive is notorious for failing when it gets hot. I situations like this I use stainless steel zip ties. They're available at Ace Hardware.

Yup, I have the zip ties in hand, I just needed a break from this marvelous Florida heat. I'll definitely have the dealer document the mistake if he hasn't already. Back to work now...

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the B&M Oil Dipstick and more...

...I also had it in the shop, where they admitted to only checking the transmission fluid cold after the flush as @Ruger suggested. They gave me a discount on the other work I had done:
  • Synthetic Oil Change
  • Installed B&M Oil Pan
  • Fixed malfunctioning Rear Sliding Window by replacing the switch
The oil pan; dipstick; already installed @RPG "Saudi" Transmission Fluid Radiator...

How much extra oil does the B&M transmission pan hold over the stock one?

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much extra oil does the B&M transmission pan hold over the stock one?

It holds an extra 3.2 quarts over stock. I didn't do any before and after temp reading, but others have seen good improvements.
Other manufacturers make larger models, but this one was a nice size for me.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey @Skyfrog, I've had an idea. It seems to me that a very good way of insulating the B&M dipstick would be to slide those heat resistant sleeves the sell for spark plug wires over the braided exterior of the dipstick. I haven't installed my dipstick yet, but that's what I'm going to do.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Must be. Their design work is sometimes ahead of the curve but there is definitely something lacking in the execution on the manufacturing side.

Damn. And that's in Texas?!?
Yep, really sucks!

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

You got pics?

Lol that Texas red clay is no joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ll get pics in the morning. It’s not even my daily driver!!

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased the BuiltRight Industries Bedside Racks and finally around to installing them.
Since it also used rail clamps to attach to the bed rails, I took the opportunity to also refurbish my Retrax-Pro MX bed cover.
I was a little disappointed that the Retrax-Pro weatherstripping was in such poor shape, but AutoZone had a nice topper weatherstripping that worked perfectly.
I painted the canister with some Dupli-Color Bed Armor spray that came out really nice. (Three very thin coats per instructions). I also touched up the rails with a gloss black. Since I had a roll of LEDs, I also added them along the rails and under the canister. Previously, I had installed LEDs, but I could not get them to stick right, so I added a bead of silicone to keep them in place. There is a magnetic switch on the tailgate to activate them.
I knew the front BuiltRight Racks would be covered by the canister, but some of the area will be usable.
Instead of using the Retrax-Pro clamps, I decided to use 6 of the BuiltRight clamps which worked out well. All this took a lot longer than expected.
At least I can confirm the BuiltRight Industries Bedside Rack does work with the Retrax-Pro.

20180717_134933.jpg