What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the entire front end apart. Replacing all the heim joints / rod ends on the tie rods and uppers. Having the uppers and tie rods re-powder coated. New ball joints for the lowers. Putting in a new steering rack and adding the power steering cooler / reservoir. Wish I was doing more upgrading but it will do for now.

97031d357d9b4c824eb85d04f57505c4.jpg

a919a6d43991bf5578f9aadd023b9bae.jpg

a83e206e9de38de46c80a9daa65cc9cd.jpg

02adf2f3ee87c0bce9740fa3aabecd41.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Picked it up, nice new alternator.

0bb02ac25c6f62ec8fd711a10a3249e7.jpg

Back to the dealership again, the whining noise is still there. I told them up front that I thought it was the AC Compressor since it only happens when the AC is running. They ordered an AC compressor and pulley and will be back on Monday. Thanks goodness for that ESP I bought, best decision ever.

Adam Ratatat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For real, who is trying to rent out their Raptor on Turo? Anyone want to rent it and take it for a Baker to Vegas run ha ha

Attachments

• rent rap.jpg
    rent rap.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 77

djscoutmaster

Reaction score
For real, who is trying to rent out their Raptor on Turo? Anyone want to rent it and take it for a Baker to Vegas run ha ha

There is and episode on the youtube channel called “the fast lane” where the walk through the logicstics and value of renting out a raptor on turo. If you see your truck as an asset that can make you money its a good deal. But if your the type that loves you truck and doesn’t want anything to happen to its not for you.

https://youtu.be/THDIBMXFloU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Ratatat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is and episode on the youtube channel called “the fast lane” where the walk through the logicstics and value of renting out a raptor on turo. If you see your truck as an asset that can make you money its a good deal. But if your the type that loves you truck and doesn’t want anything to happen to its not for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I don't understand buying this truck and renting it out AND it being lucrative? I also couldn't imagine the amount of damage I would do to a rental raptor. Hopefully that dude has Deavers, Bump Stops, and FOX 3.0's on it or at least a mechanic and a loan officer on speed dial lol.

D

Deleted member 12951

Interesting. So basically give up $500 to take it off-road. Rent it for TRR for about $1500 and tear it up having a blast.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
installed 3rd brake light with BDs and NMO on jenny.. will get better pic's and night view

Attachments

• qXTUmLm.jpg
    qXTUmLm.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 76
  • rX9Ap3B.jpg
    rX9Ap3B.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 77

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pulled off the horn mount bracket and the metal bar at the bottom inside of the grille. Both were getting surface rust. The grille bar rust was visible from the front of the truck with the hood closed. Wiped with alcohol, scotchbrite, wipe with alcohol, Rustoleum Pro satin black. Looks like new. Was able to gt all the shit out from under the horn bracket mount as well, lots of salt and dirt up in there.

D

Deleted member 12951

Back to the dealership again, the whining noise is still there. I told them up front that I thought it was the AC Compressor since it only happens when the AC is running. They ordered an AC compressor and pulley and will be back on Monday. Thanks goodness for that ESP I bought, best decision ever.

Picked it up from the dealership today. Replacing the AC Compressor solved the whining issue.