What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed RCI Off road skid plates. Transmission and transfer case. Heavy duty 3/16 steel, powder coated.

Factory transfer case plate looked like a cheap Chinese stamped part and trans skid plate simply did not exist. WTF?
Went with steel, not aluminum, I really do not care about saving weight.
skids 001.jpg

skids 002.jpg

skids 003.jpg

skids 004.jpg

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you tape it off and pull it while it's still wet?

I don't fully understand the question, but I'm going to say no[emoji23]

If you're referring to spraying the flares, there would be no need to pull them off if you taped them and sprayed them while on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I don't fully understand the question, but I'm going to say no[emoji23]

If you're referring to spraying the flares, there would be no need to pull them off if you taped them and sprayed them while on.

Think Jeff is asking if you sprayed them when on using tape and did you remove the tape when the coating was still wet so it didn't peel it off.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think Jeff is asking if you sprayed them when on using tape and did you remove the tape when the coating was still wet so it didn't peel it off.

Ah...I see now. Thanks for the translation. I'm still not completely fluent in @Wilson Yeah, I'd think that be best if you tape them off. Either that or cut a line with a razor which sounds like a pain!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah...I see now. Thanks for the translation. I'm still not completely fluent in @Wilson Yeah, I'd think that be best if you tape them off. Either that or cut a line with a razor which sounds like a pain!

They have a special tape for this. It has a thin band of metal within the tape so when you pull it off after the liner has dried, it cuts it from underneath. Pretty cool stuff. Same thing the wrap guys use to make straight lines.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have a special tape for this. It has a thin band of metal within the tape so when you pull it off after the liner has dried, it cuts it from underneath. Pretty cool stuff. Same thing the wrap guys use to make straight lines.

Ah yes, I'm familiar with that tape. I wonder if it'd cut a clean line once it dries though. Might work well while it's wet. Once one learns how to pull the flares off that just seems like the best way to go. Even faster than taping for me.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I was wondering if you had to tap the flares after pulling them off. sound's like you just be careful and no need to. thanks

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I was wondering if you had to tap the flares after pulling them off. sound's like you just be careful and no need to. thanks

Spraying them while laying flat works well. I scrapped of a little bit of liner that got on the back edge before I reinstalled them.