What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S197Mach1

Reaction score
Well started my day by finishing up the s&b cai install. Don't really like how the top kid slides around and doesn't seal like I thought it would. But other than that no complaints on the physical install.

Preceded to install the tune from 5 star and it downloaded the factory tune then was flashing the 5star tune and gave me a 110D8 error at the end. Then it wouldn't install the factory tune and gave me the same error. Spent the rest of the morning and talking with sct and they couldn't get it to flash either.

Truck starts and drives but I have no idea what tune I'm running and now I have to have ford flash the pcm and send the x4 to SCT to un marry the device and then have 5 star write another tune.

I like how this is turning from a couple hour job to a couple week job real quick and costing more money [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well started my day by finishing up the s&b cai install. Don't really like how the top kid slides around and doesn't seal like I thought it would. But other than that no complaints on the physical install.

Preceded to install the tune from 5 star and it downloaded the factory tune then was flashing the 5star tune and gave me a 110D8 error at the end. Then it wouldn't install the factory tune and gave me the same error. Spent the rest of the morning and talking with sct and they couldn't get it to flash either.

Truck starts and drives but I have no idea what tune I'm running and now I have to have ford flash the pcm and send the x4 to SCT to un marry the device and then have 5 star write another tune.

I like how this is turning from a couple hour job to a couple week job real quick and costing more money [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude, a few of us were having this issue months back. Where it would try to install the tune and then fail, then try to go back to factory and fail. Took forever to figure out but it seems to be a low battery voltage issue.

Try and charge your battery, and then do the tune. Worked for everyone that was complaining of that issue. Seems the tuner needs 12.2v or some shit for it to actually work. Try putting it on a battery tender before taking to dealer.

S197Mach1

Reaction score
Dude, a few of us were having this issue months back. Where it would try to install the tune and then fail, then try to go back to factory and fail. Took forever to figure out but it seems to be a low battery voltage issue.

Try and charge your battery, and then do the tune. Worked for everyone that was complaining of that issue. Seems the tuner needs 12.2v or some shit for it to actually work. Try putting it on a battery tender before taking to dealer.

I tried when out and bought one. I left it on there awhile. Battery estimated percentage was 95% I saw a range of voltages from 12.5-13.1 from the tender. But from the tuner I saw 13.1 after a quick start(sct instructions) also saw 12.2.

I did research and that's why I went and got a tender. I have an appointment on Friday to reflash but I'm going to try to keep it in a tender longer and see if that works at least until Friday gets here.

The truck is running took it to class tonight but it is acting a little funny I assume from more air than expected on certain pedal positions. I'm assuming the custom tune didn't take at all.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday I checked the Moroso oil separator on my Raptor and found the can completely full at 3k miles, guess I need to check it sooner. The Moroso is catching over twice as much oil as the JLT that I had previously

SE%20002_zpsl9dzfyku.jpg

Today I installed an Airaid SynthaMax #861-397 dry drop-in air filter and loaded a Livernois 91 octane performance tune. Been on the stock tune for the past 4 months due to taking my truck to the local ford dealership. Took the Raptor for a short drive to set the tune and put a smile on my face.

IMG_5780_zpstchs3i2p.jpg

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Swapped my Icon 3.0's out as passenger side was leaking after some fun at the Badlands a few weekends ago. First time with the front end taken apart. Pretty interesting day.....

Thanks for your input @svc and @Madcowranch ! ! !

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

Got the mid-perch stance back. Think I like the look better than top.....

IMG_2391.jpg

EDIT: Shit! Forgot to thank @bmacked for the loners!!! Sorry dude.....

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

For the future:
I've switched Tunes alot over the past 3 years, run into all kinds of little hiccups.
As already suggested, make sure you have well over 12.7 volts.
Make sure no doors are open or the hood if you still have the hood sensor working.
No lights, interior and Auto headlights OFF, radio, fan and do not operate the windows.

Also very important, but I'm sure SCT went over that with you.
If it's a new out of the box X4, you need to update it before downloading the Tune on it.
I wouldn't worry about the married part. Unless you are instructed to mail it back.
I will even suggest a battery disconnect for 15 minutes. At least the KAM will be cleared.
Pull and check all 3 plugs going to the PCM, for moisture and corrosion.

Last edited:

S197Mach1

Reaction score
For the future:
I've switched Tunes alot over the past 3 years, run into all kinds of little hiccups.
As already suggested, make sure you have well over 12.7 volts.
Make sure no doors are open or the hood if you still have the hood sensor working.
No lights, radio, fan and do not operate the windows.

Also very important, but I'm sure SCT went over that with you.
If it's a new out of the box X4, you need to update it before downloading the Tune on it.
I wouldn't worry about the married part.
I will even suggest a battery disconnect for 15 minutes. At least the KAM will be cleared.
Pull and check all 3 plugs going to the PCM, for moisture and corrosion.

Tried the bat reset with sct.

No updates for device

I've even disconnected multiple fuses like the mft gps aux 4 switch(lights) and still no joy. It maybe the batt still I just have a feeling. Going to try and tender it tonight hopefully it doesn't walk away...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't take much to drain the battery, since the alternator will only charge it up to 13.2 to 13.7 depending on battery condition.

Since I have a SC, the intercooler pump will run with the ignition on and it's hard to get at that fuse,
so I just throw on a old battery charger that does 4, 6, 8 amps. and leave it on while Tuning.

Last edited: