What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Finally washed her and saw what winter did to it. I had vague recollection that many of parts were black but when I washed the truck they were brown. To my surprise shocks didn't look bad, only one had some corrosion starting where lock ring was before mid perch but one of rear shocks are leaking just little.
Then to more positive part, I changed summer tires and man that I missed them. I feel like I got a new truck. I also got a few package off the shelf and installed in the truck, svc's bump stop and the center caps.

What do they put on the roads in Finland for snow, just sand? Some states have some of the worst stuff that just destroys there cars

Reaction score
No we don't have that in here. I did order case of Fluid Film after @Wilson mentioned that it would be almost same as HDMP. It is little bit "lighter" and is more of an oil filmy like. I'm going to coat whole under side of truck with it once we get warmer here. New shocks will definitely see more cleaning during winter time than OEM ones did and going to spray that Fluid Film on them once a month.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Our roads are covered with salt in Southern Finland and the thing is that they do it daily basis. I hate it and i don't like it one bit, people should learn to drive in snow and be more careful on winter time. Up North salt is not allowed on roads and it would not work there since there is really cold in winter time (-20C to -40C) almost all the time. Sand would be best imo but i do understand that it becomes problem when spring comes.
I'm going to coat that truck with all i got for next winter :ROFLJest:

Very true, Truck looks good very encountering salt!

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man! I'm so ready to jump but she is not ready yet. I only did pinch welds and modified flare a bit to fit 37's. when fenders are on I'm going to hit every speed bump i can find :ROFLJest:

What kind of tires do you run in the winter? I would guess some type of snow tire.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumper? It's the add race series. It actually was meant to have a light bar where the fairlead is, so it was kind of a pain to fit the winch in there. But I'm really happy with how it turned out, thanks!

I have a terrain and was looking for a bumper. Thinking about going add venom.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well i thought that i can use km's but they were bad on icy roads. I used OEM BFG's and they worked ok since they were brand new. I would like to get KO2 or Duratac's for next winter. There isn't any studded tires on 35" which would be best choice.

The Duratrc is studable mine are not (illegal in my state). They work deter then the BFG in winter. Nokian makes a tire I think it is called the LT2. Both are stock 315-70-17