What Cars Do NASCAR Drivers Drive On Their Days Off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kevin Conway's Ford Raptor and Lamborghini
By Ross Edwards
Friday, Jun 14 2013 13:01

NASCAR drivers spend their work days driving 850-horsepower 3,400-lb cars at speeds of over 200 miles per hour, so finding a street car that excites them would be something really special. In fact, the reason Top Gear has The Stig is that they knew no race car driver would have anything good to say about a normal car, so they decided not to let any have a speaking roll.

way-ford-raptor-lamborghini-murcielago_zpsbae047bb.jpg

So what would a NASCAR driver like Kevin Conway, who was named the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of The Year, seems to have found a couple cars that can at least keep him interested on the road. Kevin Conway drives a Lamborghini Murcielago, which has over 650-horsepower and weighs 3,600-lbs, not all that far from a NASCAR Sprint Cup car but surely not as interesting to drive. For when the roads aren’t race track smooth, Kevin Conway also has a Ford Raptor truck, which has just 400 horsepower but has 12 inches of rear suspension travel, something neither of Conway’s more powerful rides can even come close to.

Aticle taken from;
What Cars Do NASCAR Drivers Drive On Their Days Off? Kevin Conway's Ford Raptor and Lamborghini - Auto Loan Daily

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah...bit he doesn't have any flowers in his mulch bed....I bet he has more in his cars than his house....

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it's a toss up, Lambos aren't too bad… Gallardos are way more practical over Murcis, I've driven in traffic in both and even though the G is a bit jumpy in 1st and every time you stop for long enough it auto shifts it into neutral which can be a HUGE pain in the ass when space frees up and you decide to take off and all you get is high revs and no movement, which then you have to wait for that bad boy to drop revs then throw it into first. The Murci is SO MUCH WORSE, in low gear at low speed it is so ******* annoying it will blow your mind, the shuddering and jumping back and forth is almost unbearable…

That being said, I love the look, I want them to revive the Miura. I want a Fort GT though, that's a dream car for me, it's rare, sexy and fast.

People say they want a lambo, until they drive one and it's like, wow, they're only really practical in a place where there is no traffic or if you're opening her up on the highway… got to DC from Virginia Beach pretty quick at 180 the entire way haha.