What are you looking for in a Gen 3? (With Survey)

What are the most important features for you to get a Gen 3?

• V8 (supercharged or N/A just as long as it's not a 6 banger!)

Votes: 125 60.7%
  • Scab body type

Votes: 35 17.0%
  • 801A type package

Votes: 25 12.1%
  • Hybrid Engine option

Votes: 41 19.9%
  • Big screen display

Votes: 87 42.2%
  • 37" Tire option

Votes: 64 31.1%
  • A price under $80k

Votes: 97 47.1%
  • Bigger gas tank

Votes: 28 13.6%
  • Factory installed light bars

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Factory installed winch

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • Starbucks gift card with purchase

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • I don't plan on getting a Gen 3 as I love my current raptor too much

Votes: 37 18.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

overpropped

Reaction score
I want the hybid option ecoboost.
Yea I would love a V8 hybrid even more I am just afraid the cost would spiral out of control with the V8 and hybrid.
So for me if it's a choice of a straight up V8 or V6 hybrid I want the hybrid for the 7.2kw power option.
What would be nice is a bigger battery, Say 3000 watt.
Couple that with a bigger electric motor and you could have a real winner.

It appears the current F150 3.5 eco makes
400hp and 500 ft lbs of torque

And the Hybrid Powerboost makes
430hp and 570 ft lbs of torque

Basically giving it 30hp and 70 ft lbs of torque.

Just think if they upped the 3.5 HO eco even a small amount to say 470hp and 550 tq

Then added the hybrid.

You'd have 500hp and 620 ft lbs of torque.:). Plus a 7,200 watt generator. I'm happy!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want the hybid option ecoboost.
Yea I would love a V8 hybrid even more I am just afraid the cost would spiral out of control with the V8 and hybrid.
So for me if it's a choice of a straight up V8 or V6 hybrid I want the hybrid for the 7.2kw power option.
What would be nice is a bigger battery, Say 3000 watt.
Couple that with a bigger electric motor and you could have a real winner.

It appears the current F150 3.5 eco makes
400hp and 500 ft lbs of torque

And the Hybrid Powerboost makes
430hp and 570 ft lbs of torque

Basically giving it 30hp and 70 ft lbs of torque.

Just think if they upped the 3.5 HO eco even a small amount to say 470hp and 550 tq

Then added the hybrid.

You'd have 500hp and 620 ft lbs of torque.:). Plus a 7,200 watt generator. I'm happy!

Ford already has 494HP/630TQ in its Aviator hybrid and this is from a 3.0L engine. 550HP/650TQ from a
3.5L should be a piece of cake. Want to really wow them? 575HP/700TQ and the sound from a 3.5L on top of it. Certainly doable. Eat your hearts out LOL.

And you get a built in generator? Wow that’s a bonus!

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bump of at least 100hp would be nice. Can’t see them doing a V8 with the way the industry is moving

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford already has 494HP/630TQ in its Aviator hybrid and this is from a 3.0L engine. 550HP/650TQ from a
3.5L should be a piece of cake. Want to really wow them? 575HP/700TQ and the sound from a 3.5L on top of it. Certainly doable. Eat your hearts out LOL.

And you get a built in generator? Wow that’s a bonus!

Just a thought, but I wonder if we will start seeing aftermarket upgrades for the battery and electric motor eventually. It seem entirely possible that 5 years from now, we could have an improved battery that has same physical size as the current battery. And not sure exactly how integrated the electric motor is and how it would be replaced, but interesting to see. Perhaps I'm ignorant, but it seems like those improvements + tune could be a new way to up to the HP.

And the generator feature feels so under rated so far. Lots of potential there.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course we all want more HP but I don't want it at the expense of MPG. Probably my favorite part of the truck is hauling but and 18-19mpg. Who would have thought after the single digits of the lightning and Harley S/c and such

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'd love to see a hybrid drivetrain, but a bit different than most assume.

I'd like to see electric hub drive in the front, gasoline engine driving the rear. Do away with the front axleshafts and differential.

I'd also like to see a locker that can be engaged in 2wd high.

Regardless, I most likely won't be buying one anytime soon.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see a hybrid drivetrain, but a bit different than most assume.

I'd like to see electric hub drive in the front, gasoline engine driving the rear. Do away with the front axleshafts and differential.

I'd also like to see a locker that can be engaged in 2wd high.

Regardless, I most likely won't be buying one anytime soon.

Ford filed a patent for something close to this configuration you mentioned a while back. I think the motor’s were attached to the sides of the engine block however. So this would not eliminate the shafts. But something along the lines of this drivetrain would be interesting. Probably could remove nearly most of the oversteer as well.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me: Factory 37”, v8, HUD, solid trade in value/loyalty incentive, better interior fit/finish (glovebox should shut better than a 2011 cobalt)

Wife: 3rd row.

Hah. Doubt my household gets one first model year. I’ve got an uphill battle to win first.