What are you looking for in a Gen 3? (With Survey)

What are the most important features for you to get a Gen 3?

• V8 (supercharged or N/A just as long as it's not a 6 banger!)

Votes: 125 60.7%
  • Scab body type

Votes: 35 17.0%
  • 801A type package

Votes: 25 12.1%
  • Hybrid Engine option

Votes: 41 19.9%
  • Big screen display

Votes: 87 42.2%
  • 37" Tire option

Votes: 64 31.1%
  • A price under $80k

Votes: 97 47.1%
  • Bigger gas tank

Votes: 28 13.6%
  • Factory installed light bars

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Factory installed winch

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • Starbucks gift card with purchase

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • I don't plan on getting a Gen 3 as I love my current raptor too much

Votes: 37 18.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me: Factory 37”, v8, HUD, solid trade in value/loyalty incentive, better interior fit/finish (glovebox should shut better than a 2011 cobalt)

Wife: 3rd row.

Hah. Doubt my household gets one first model year. I’ve got an uphill battle to win first.

Having a third row for you wife is a great idea! How do you get her to sit back there?

likeaboss

Reaction score
V8 or bust for me. I'd also like Ford to allow for more stand alone options that are in the 802A package for those interested in 801A so it isn't all or nothing.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford filed a patent for something close to this configuration you mentioned a while back. I think the motor’s were attached to the sides of the engine block however. So this would not eliminate the shafts. But something along the lines of this drivetrain would be interesting. Probably could remove nearly most of the oversteer as well.

The motors would have to bolt to something relatively stiff as the control arms and knuckle probably wouldn’t like the torsion.

Although they do handle torsion from the braking forces......

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see a hybrid drivetrain, but a bit different than most assume.

I'd like to see electric hub drive in the front, gasoline engine driving the rear. Do away with the front axleshafts and differential.

I'd also like to see a locker that can be engaged in 2wd high.

Regardless, I most likely won't be buying one anytime soon.

Maybe a naturally aspirated V8 with the above system? Mount the batteries where the spare tire is and move spare tire to the bed.

Hybrid system that if it fails in the rough stuff doesn’t put you in limp mode and you can drive it like a normal ICE until it gets fixed.

With the above system you could probably activate it on the fly too. I’m thinking loose hill climb with wheel spinning.

Also if no axle shafts are required, could probably coax some more droop.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter