what are my options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ordering my base scab. the truck comes pretty well equipped. do i really need any of the options? somebody convince me.

luxury package? alot of cool stuff. but ive been driving for almost 30 years and ive never needed cameras or heated seats or power tilt or a bunch of other stuff that i dont even really understand what they do anyways. what the hell is SYNC? think ill pass

plastic drop-in liner? pffft. does anybody even put those things in anymore?

spray in liner? gonna go with linex

tonneau cover, tailgate extender.....lets move on

graphics? thought about the hood. til i saw one in person. alot of coin just to make the hood of the truck hot to the touch in the summer. (i like light colored trucks).and the body?. first thing i did when i got the truck i have now is take the stupid 4x4 decal off the side of the bed. i know, not the same thing. but you get my drift.

moonroof? please. its a truck

wheel well liner? heard it might not even be available on the raptor. and saw it on an f-150 the other day. looks cheap

tailgate step? might be useful at my advanced age. i can barely get into the bed of my ranger. didnt like the look of the grabby pole thingy. i can buy a $10 step stool from walmart and put it in my garage for when i need it.

can anyone talk me into any of this stuff? hate to be the only raptor owner on here with no options on their truck. probably pretty exclusive company

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With all that luxury stuff you have to make up your own mind.
But the backup camera is a must, especially if you connect a trailer by yourself.
I love my tailgate step and ventilated seats.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The camera is awesome. I thought it was BS too, but being able to put it right on the ball by yourself is a really good feeling. Self sufficiency. Plus how wide and tall the truck is, its sweet being able to be extra sure there is nothing behind you. Like your dog, or a kid....

I think you could live without everything else, but the camera... Actually, do you hunt, or camp? The bed extender is quite convenient too, but I could make you a deal on mine. I really liked mine but its never going back in

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is it nesasary not at all. is it nice to have you betcha. what are you going to use the truck for? that would tell me if you need the back up camara or not like propdr said if you hook up to a trailer it is imo worth it but than agean nosbusa could probably set you up with a camara setup if that is all you want.

I personly figured if I was going to spend the coin whats a few more for every thing... so when I say loaded or every option that is what it has and then some I like the fog lights but I live in the country and actualy use them.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine with no options

wanted just the beadlocks and the moonroof but wheels not available yet and no moonroof unless luxury package. also thought about just the hood graphics, but not for $900.

when I get her it will be bed rug and soft tonneau cover, cold air/ exhaust, mid perch, and just rip it

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
unfortunately the only way to get the tailgat step is to order the lux package.

I don't know about the 2013, but on my 2011 Scab I opted for only three options:
  1. Molten Orange
  2. Hood graphics
  3. tailgate step

I would always opt for a the tailgate step. It makes getting in the bed a piece of cake.

As for the luxury options, I wasn't interested.
No rain roof, no navigation (I'll drive around until my wife demands I stop and ask directions), no cameras either - vehicles shouldn't park too close to me, and no creature comforts (my first car didn't have AC or a radio)

RcIgo

Reaction score
I think the backup camera is a must not just ease of hooking up a trailer (think rain) on first try but SAFETY. I love cooled seats but that's just being spoiled.
Resale is another reason to check some option boxes.

Ultimately it comes down to need vs budget. I work damn hard for my money and I enjoy being able to treat myself to some nice things.

Anyway you order it you have a badass truck

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Backup camera for sure. The bed is so tall on this I can't see over it...and I back in parking spots all the time because of the width. Plus it really helps when hooking trailers up by myself. I didn't think I would ever get the tailgate step but now that I have had it I will always get it. I never use the stripper pole but the step has been awesome fro loading my bike in the bed. You can use it for a ******* seat too...don't ask how I know :waytogo:

Everything else isn't needed or you can add later with better quality aftermarket stuff.