West Coast / CA prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
I haven't been around Raptors the past few years and lost touch on pricing..Looking to get back into one. I read through several forums and threads, but most are from 3-12 months ago.. so where is pricing on a Raptor, Raptor 37, and Raptor R in April of 2024?

Ive been offered:
$4k over for a Raptor 35
$7,500 over for a Raptor 37
$40,000 over for a Raptor R

These are for in-stock, 2024, nice color trucks at my local dealership. They do have moonroofs. I'm in California, which dynamically changes pricing when compared to other parts of the US, so hoping West Coast folks can chime in if I should grab one of these or if I'm leaving money on the table. Please provide real closed-deal figures on straight purchases (nothing that had a trade involved)

Thanks!

Last edited:

doohen

Reaction score
Hi, funny, as I was dealing with this last month. I went the CPO route, but same issue, as I live in Orange County. The average price of the trucks I was looking at in SoCal, were roughly $84,000. I ended up getting basically the same version/mileage in Wisconsin for $68,000 + $2,500 for shipping to my house.

My search was for:
Certified used gold program
35,000 miles roughly
black/black
moonroof, etc.

If I were you, I would search outside of CA and see what Midwest/east coast has. Pricing is WAY different out of our dumb state...

OP
OP
B

beemerb0y

Reaction score
Yea but that would require me to research and contact 20-30 dealers to verify they have the unit in stock, make sure it has the 50 state emissions, negotiate the price, get bothered by phone calls and texts at 5am on a weekend... Already did this back in 2020 when I got my first Raptor. Even got connected with people on this forum back then stating they would get me $8k under msrp, just to find out they were silver or black units with no options or no 50 state emissions, which is a must for CA. Wasnt worth it. I'm happy to contact an out of state dealer if anyone has specific points of contact.
Buying preowned is easier to search countrywide, but Im only looking for brand new

chris51080

Reaction score
If doing a nationwide search on Autotrader or even the ford website is too much effort to save over $5k, then just nut up and pay the CA idiot tax.

My last five cars have been purchased sight unseen from multiple states away. None of the issues you bring up are ones that I encountered.

Also, aren’t all Raptors 50 state compliant? I believe that multiple states follow California emissions, and Ford isn’t making non compliant trucks.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea but that would require me to research and contact 20-30 dealers to verify they have the unit in stock, make sure it has the 50 state emissions, negotiate the price, get bothered by phone calls and texts at 5am on a weekend... Already did this back in 2020 when I got my first Raptor. Even got connected with people on this forum back then stating they would get me $8k under msrp, just to find out they were silver or black units with no options or no 50 state emissions, which is a must for CA. Wasnt worth it. I'm happy to contact an out of state dealer if anyone has specific points of contact.
Buying preowned is easier to search countrywide, but Im only looking for brand new
Buying out of state was super easy. I highly recommend it before they make it illegal in this dumb state by New Scum. All trucks are 50 state as stated above. Throw a dart on a map of the US and it will most likely have a cheaper price than CA.

Punkur67

Reaction score
I paid $4k over for a 24' 35" carbonized grey a few weeks ago. No haggling with the dealer, that was the price when I called on the phone