Well my Roush Raptor was nice while it lasted... ONE DAY!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As many of you know I picked up my 595HP Roush Raptor on Saturday. 30 miles home I had a coolant leak. Took it back to the dealer Monday and after 2 days of looking for the leak, Roush and Ford has instructed the dealer to pull the transmission out and look on back of the engine. Not looking to good for this one guys. They checked all the hoses and clamps. Pressurized the coolant system at 15lbs and NO LEAKS. Start the damn thing up and it leaks like crazy. Compression test on the engine and everything is perfect.

I don't think I will be buying this one...:Nonono: I'm glad I was still on the dealer tag and didn't sign any paperwork yet...

Last edited:

SlasherMcGee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch that really sucks.... but at least you can hop in the Ferrari and forget your troubles

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Junky Roush!

ACTUALLY it's Ford's problem. Chris at Roush has walked the dealer through everything Roush did and it came out 100%. Now Ford is involved because it is something wrong with the engine itself. Roush has been awesome through this process. I'm just **** about my cars. Once they are taken apart and put back together I'm always worried about something happening again.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do not blame you. when you pay this kind or honestly any amount of money you want it to be 100% or as advertised. I wouldn't take that raptor back unless ford seriously upped your warranty

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's leaking coolant. It completely drains the overflow bottle over night. I went through a gallon of coolant in 100 miles.

I'm working with the dealer, ford rep and roush rep to get another one built exactly like this one and delivered to roush then to my dealer within 2 weeks. We will see what happens. It just sucks waiting almost 16 weeks and now this.