Well my Roush Raptor was nice while it lasted... ONE DAY!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you got a female Raptor and its on the rag, probable nothing to worry about.

Watson

Reaction score
Talk about a roller coaster of emotion that ride home must have been, probably not a great night of sleep either. Hopefully they will get you a new one built, quick.... good luck

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Well I hate to say it but the truck needs a new block. Bad casting. Leaking from the back at a casting joint. Put 18lbs of pressure on coolant system and she leaks like a champ. They are trying to just send it back to Ford. Either way I told them I'm not buying this one. Will keep you guys posted. This just sucks...

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you got many other options looking at your awesome garage collection. Rubicon is a nice choice or the Infinity. :rockit:

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

another question for you. Where did you order your raptor? I am in the Md/VA/DC area as well.
I ordered it from Ramsey Ford in Rising Sun, MD. They have been great about this. I'm just glad I was still on their dealer tag and did not sign any papers yet. I buy a lot of super duty's from them for my business. AWESOME guys to deal with!!!

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
good to hear they are treating you right. when you get your new one make sure you start coming to the maryland raptor meets! We try to do one every month or so!

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Well I hate to say it but the truck needs a new block. Bad casting. Leaking from the back at a casting joint. Put 18lbs of pressure on coolant system and she leaks like a champ. They are trying to just send it back to Ford. Either way I told them I'm not buying this one. Will keep you guys posted. This just sucks...

This would make perfect sense if the blocks are made/cast in China. I know the wheels are. Maybe the blocks are as well?

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the blocks are cast here. Everything else is made I china.

So when u say your not buying this one, what does that mean? Didn't you already buy it?

Sent from my Truck

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the blocks are cast here. Everything else is made I china.

So when u say your not buying this one, what does that mean? Didn't you already buy it?

Sent from my Truck

No I picked it up Saturday afternoon and was put on a dealer tag and drove it home. Thank God I never signed any paperwork.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Well it did not work out with the Raptor with Ford or with Roush. Since Roush drills a hole in the block for water drainage, Ford said they will not cover the block since it was drilled within inches of where it is leaking coolant. I just decided to go with a 2013 King Ranch F350. I figured if it was this much of a pain in the A$$ BEFORE I bought the truck it would become a mess in the future. I need this truck to pull my Jeep Rubicon when I go rock crawling anyway. Something always happens for a reason...

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah man dont do that. The Raptor is great. Screw roush. Get a normal raptor and send it to livernois for cams headers and LTs with a whipple blower. Much better set up man.