Well my Roush Raptor was nice while it lasted... ONE DAY!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already picked up the King Ranch. The Raptor is a GREAT truck, but towing 8,000 to 9,000 lbs it might not have worked out anyway.

Attachments

• 2013 KR.jpg
    2013 KR.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 Roush Raptor lasted 34 miles pics inside

As some of you know I ordered a 2013 Raptor waited 16 weeks and picked it up last Saturday. Dealer was closing so I left on a Dealer tag and was going to finish paperwork this week. I drove it home and with 34 miles on odometer it began to leak coolant from the rear of the engine. After taking it back to the dealer Monday Roush said to check various hoses and still no leak. Ford said to pull the transmission and look on back of engine.

Well there she be. A bad casting or crack in the block. Roush said it was Ford's problem and Ford said it was Roush's problem. Needless to say Roush is picking the truck up next week to take it back. So sad I really liked the truck, but definitely not buying it.

The red oval is the area leaking. The red circle looks like a crack in the block.

I bought a 2013 F350 King Ranch instead. I needed the truck to pull a 8,000 - 9,000 lb trailer anyway. Something happens for a reason I guess.

Attachments

• raptor1.jpg
    raptor1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 101
  • raptor2.jpg
    raptor2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 95
  • raptor 3.jpg
    raptor 3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 130
  • raptor 4.jpg
    raptor 4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason Ford did not want to cover the block is because Roush drills a hole in the block for water drainage a few inches from the defect. It is what it is...

OP
OP
S

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The circle is the hole Roush drills. The square is where the defect is in the block.

Attachments

• raptor 5.jpg
    raptor 5.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 94

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably better in the end because the Raptor is meant for high speed desert running not towing! Another time maybe...