Welcome to the Ford Professional Forum!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Aaron,
Can you find out the straight up on this option. Sel opt 428 Hi Alt use. That is what I saw. Looks like high elevation mapping. Can you order this and block heater on a truck even though your a flatlander dealer? I live at 6,500' and rarely drive below 5k.
Thanks
It looks as if he hasn't logged on this year.

We went to team to get my raptor first and, wow, we were not too happy with that dealer.
What happened?
All you hear is people saying how great their experience was with them, and with them being a stealership, you know there has to be unhappy customers out there, you just never hear about them

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Aaron,
Can you find out the straight up on this option. Sel opt 428 Hi Alt use. That is what I saw. Looks like high elevation mapping. Can you order this and block heater on a truck even though your a flatlander dealer? I live at 6,500' and rarely drive below 5k.
Thanks

Randy will probably be a better person to answer your question. He should be along shortly :)

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron,
Thanks

428 Hi Alt Prin Use, used to be added to an order when the delivering dealer was above 5000 feet. (don't quote me on that) but close. It was tied to elevation. Your PCM would have a wider range or more sensitive auto adjustment. I don't beleive it's an option for 2011 Trucks anymore.
The Eng block heater is ONLY Available in extreme northern states, on gas Engine equipped trucks. 41H ENG BLK HEATER $90 (Alaska)

I actually pulled up a couple of Raptors that were ordered for Denver and Flagstaff dealers, and they DID NOT HAVE option 428 HI ALT PRIN USE ADDED.

randy

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Randy,
It was your post that I saw I think but found this anyways.
I was in the 2012 order bank and came across this info

Model Year: 12 Body/Series: W1R
SEL OPT Description
_ PQ RACE RED *** new for 12 (and no Molt Org)
_ SZ BLUE FLAME
_ UH TUXEDO BLACK
_ UX INGOT SILVER
_ YZ OXFORD WHITE

Model Year: 12 Body/Series: W1R (8B is the Org Acct Int code)
SEL OPT Description
_ RB SPORT CLTH BUCK BLACK INTERIOR
_ 4B RAPTOR ACCENT BLACK INTERIOR ***
_ 7B RAPTOR BLACK INTERIOR

BUT I could not build a 2012 Raptor YET??

SEL OPT Description
_ 41H ENG BLK HEATER
_ 422 CALIF EMISSIONS
_ 425 50 STATE EMISS
_ 428 HI ALT PRIN USE
_ 429 NON HI ALT USE
_ 43M POWER MOONROOF
_ 55G GRAPHICS PKG
_ 55L LUXURY PACKAGE
_ 55R HD GRAPHICS PKG
_ 58N SONY NAVIGATION
_ 61R RAPTOR PLUS PK
_ 63E BED EXTENDER
_ 63T TAILGATE STEP
_ 76F FRNT&RR CAMERA *****

===================
Model Yr: 12 Body: W1R Beg Ord: W001 No Units: 001 End Ord: ____
Ord Type: 1 Series/PEP: 517A Engine: 99 6 Trans: 44 6 Whlbase: 145
Priority: __ Paint: PQ Trim: 7B Accent: __ Roof: __
Add: 43M 55G 55L 55R 58N 61R 63E 63T 76F ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Del: ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Init: . Cust/Flt Name: WILSON_______ Ord FIN: _____ User FIN: _____
PO Number: _____________ Ship-to Code: ______ Additional Trailers (Y/N): _

U707 - BODY TYPE NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING.

randy

428 would help alot as I know these trucks are really rich. I tune FI but don't have the time to invest in this truck. As far as the block heater I guess I could order one and install it myself. If it is an option there will be a place to thread it in. Don't see a block heater on a gasser to often but it would be useful up here when it is in the single digits outside.
First car in the picture had a block heater. We had to heat the oil and circulate the coolant thru a heater before we could even crank it over. Judd 4 litre V-10. 200lb lighter than the Ford 6.6 litre V-8 in the other car.

After I put the F350 on the block I will call you Randy.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00258.JPG
    DSC00258.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 34