Waterproof, secure tonneau cover - is DB the only option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLaw0522

Reaction score
Retrax is expensive and does not live up to the hipe about waterproofing or security. I have had a terrible experience trying to keep rain out, called customer service, went back to the dealer/installer, all to no avail. Wish I had spent $2k on something else now.
I had the same experience

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been very happy with my Peragon. Still no leaks, my bed stays dry as a bone and since the tailgate does not slide under but presses up to it, no issues with that seal either and it does not interfere with auto tailgate closure.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy with the lomax, I also put the tailgate seal in, the rubber piece that covers the gap between bed and tailgate, also the back seal for the bed up by the back window. I get no water in to speak of.

ESI ROK Block XL Tailgate Gap Cover 7"/17.78cm Width—Fits All Pickups Worldwide

ESI Ultimate Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal 10ft for use with Truck Caps and Tonneau Covers

ESI Front Rail Seal 6ft EPDM Rubber

I think the combination of all three is the trick. works great. plus the tailgate gap cover is really thick and protects the exposed painted edges of tailgate and the bed. works great.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any issues with the cover interfering with power tailgate lowering or raising with the key fob?
Yes. The cover has a gasket that is “water proof” if you adjust the locking mechanism a little snug. The the tailgate is about 50/50 on opening with key fob since the weather gasket pushes down against the tailgate. You can keep it lose if you use that feature on the key fob.032AC32E-A620-45D8-BBA9-F50FEA4CC248.jpeg895D0CCB-4BE8-4226-9EC5-B4FC692D409E.jpeg080A88AD-E702-4D14-9E57-536B3B83B139.jpeg

Last edited:

spudman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X4s for the win .. no water in the bed, looks great, and full access to the bed when its rolled up
Do you struggle with yours through a car wash? I have one on my MY22 and it lifted up during the car wash and the whole bed was soaked. I'm just worried it could happen in other settings as well.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you struggle with yours through a car wash? I have one on my MY22 and it lifted up during the car wash and the whole bed was soaked. I'm just worried it could happen in other settings as well.
Not at all however I do go to a "handwashing" place. They use pressure washer type wands and the bed is always dry... maybe it was how the car wash sprayed down the bed?. Had a big rain storm here a few weeks back and again the bed was dry. I would say don't bother with the "weather stripping" they provide for the front side, just peels off with temperature changes.