Keep your truck bed secure and covered! (BAK MX4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing it’s waterproof looking at the tailgate.

My undercover has an extra rubber lip and it still leaks past the tailgate step. This doesn’t seem to have that lip even.

Can anyone comment? Looking for a better choice whenever I do swap out the undercover.

Gary Wren

Reaction score
Torn between the Bak MX4 and the Leer HF650M, Leer doesn't lean against the truck which seems better. Which one has better quality??

NMSports

Reaction score
I've had the MX4 for 3 years. The inside of the bed stays dry in the rain. At about year 3 the lengthwise side ribber strips split at the first fold because the radius is so tight (and I open it a lot). However it still stays dry because that leak point drains into the side rail track.
The hinge rubber (across the bed) is still good as new. That Leer really looks to be 97% the same as the Bak. Same edge rubber. The one on Leer's website is a 4 section cover for the longer bed so I think that's why it looks like it won't rest against the window - but it will.

I did some mods on the bed rail clamp brackets (they originally made the rails sit at a cant) and I adjusted each latch position independently so they had better engagement (more secure). Glad that was all easily adjustable.

Gary Wren

Reaction score
I've had the MX4 for 3 years. The inside of the bed stays dry in the rain. At about year 3 the lengthwise side ribber strips split at the first fold because the radius is so tight (and I open it a lot). However it still stays dry because that leak point drains into the side rail track.
The hinge rubber (across the bed) is still good as new. That Leer really looks to be 97% the same as the Bak. Same edge rubber. The one on Leer's website is a 4 section cover for the longer bed so I think that's why it looks like it won't rest against the window - but it will.

I did some mods on the bed rail clamp brackets (they originally made the rails sit at a cant) and I adjusted each latch position independently so they had better engagement (more secure). Glad that was all easily adjustable.
Thanks!.