GEN 2 Washing with water softner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have input on using a salt water softener system to wash I have a outlet in my garage obviously the body is aluminum but have a little concern about unseen hardware in the doors any input would be appreciated!
Thanks !

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A salt water softener system does not add salt (NaCl) to the water, it adds sodium (Na) ions. Big difference.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A water softener uses salt in the softening process, but that doesn't mean it produces salt water.

And yes obviously it's advantageous to wash with the lowest PPM possible, and soft water is a good start.

Sethrad

Reaction score
Most salt water “water softeners” use potassium chloride. Your water system flows water through the potassium chloride and leaves as “salted water”. So, yes, it does make salt water...not sodium chloride, but potassium chloride. Read about it...it is incredibly unhealthy to consume. Better, filter the system (even a whole home unit) with an ultra high efficiency carbon filter, or even better a reverse osmosis system. To filter salts and minerals from your water, consider an electro chemical system (NaturalSof) is very cool. https://naturalsof.com/. I run a whole home filtration system through my entire house, and behind that run a NaturalSof unit. No lime, no scale, very clean water from every faucet. Works incredibly well.

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use tap water and spray down the whole truck after I’m done washing with Griots Garage waterless wash. It works great as a drying aid leaves a little wax protection. No water spots. I dilute it 15:1

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a spray bottle with a 1:1 mix IV white vinegar and softened water to get rid of water spots in the paint and glass.

Works great, last long time.

Follow up with some kind of @waterless” wash a voila! Shiny truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk