WARNING! Look at your rockers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad things are working out. I just checked mine it has 2 winters driving on it and a lot of logging road driving. I have 3 small rust stains that wipe off and you can see a pin head size surface rust spot. I have that stupid electric rust prevention thing installed by my Ford dealer when the truck was new. Just maybe it does work not that musch money and may be worth an investment it also gives you lifetime perferation waranty.

I live in North Western Ontario. Truck is always covered in salt gets washed once a month in the winter when realy cold (-25C) and every week when above (-20C). Never kept in garage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Smith21

Reaction score
Iown. That's how mine started, just keep an eye on them, they rot from the inside out. Still not sure how anything is getting back there but I'll be keeping a close eye on things when ford replaces my rockers and ill report back any findings for everyone to prevent this.

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is some ****** tape on the inside above the rockers. Mine has started to peel. I am going to flush that area out and spray in some Corosion X (we use on aircraft) then reseal.

Thanks for leting us know.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am with u bro. NY sucks. If I didn't have such a good job in my line of work right now I would be out of here

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I hear ya ! I wish they used sand instead of salt . My poor truck !!
I found that fluid film is a good rust preventative . Sprayed the undercarriage when I got her . Guess ill see in the spring .

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear ya ! I wish they used sand instead of salt . My poor truck !!
I found that fluid film is a good rust preventative . Sprayed the undercarriage when I got her . Guess ill see in the spring .

Down South we put salt on our grits and sand on the highway.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the straw on wd40 and squirted into the rockers as much as possible. Hope that keeps rust at bay.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure hope your dealership has a good bodyshop. This won't be an easy repair, and many bodyshops just don't have the talent to cut out and reweld fixes like this properly without using a TON of bodyfiller.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dreamt last night my Raptor was rusting all over with holes in the body everywhere.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Typical Ford looking for a reason to get out of warranty work.

How familiar are you with automotive manufacturers if you think that's only a "typical Ford response?"

Think about how many people every day go to dealerships looking for problems to be resolved under warranty. Dealerships/manufacturers HAVE to take a critical view of them if they want to make a PROFIT.

This is not unique to Ford :sunot: