Warning about rear window defrosters!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Preheat on a 50 degree day :Stupid Me:....... it has nothing about the temp of the cab or outside air. My truck is almost four years old, I live in cold ass western NY so if it was gonna go because of a temp issue it would have done it a long time ago

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Ford still hasn't come out with an official fix for this issue (thanks to the beancounters I'm sure).

Are Raptor owners reporting these failures to the NHTSA? If not, one may want to consider filing an online report:

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Hopefully if enough Raptor owners document the problem NHTSA will put pressure on Ford to correct it...

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exploding Rear Defroster...The Sequel!

Another one down. Just happened to me on my way home from work. Defroster was on for maybe 5 minutes. Bought the truck with 56 now has 64...Am I shit out of luck with help from Ford?

Update: $575 plus tax to fix. Having it done on Wednesday. Hopefully can get reimbursed by ford. Contacted Crystal. I'll update as to what happens.

Last edited:

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my truck but the rear defroster is one thing I don't think I'll ever use...I don't really see a need for it anyways but I find it a bit ridiculous I don't feel safe using it.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I had the window fixed. Ford ended up covering $500 of the cost. So good on Ford for helping me out due to an obvious problem. Also big thanks for Crystal putting me in touch with my regional manager.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought this was due to the cab/air temp issue... I will refrain from using this again...

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone whos window blown noticed a burning electrical smell before it happens. I had mine on this morning and later this afternoon got a real strong electrical smell, or was it just a coincidence? (The defroster wasnt on when i noticed the smell)

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mine every day for 6 months a year with no issues for the last 3 years

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk