Wanted to buy: New 2014 Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Well, I'm almost back to square one.

I received approval from my credit union for a loan to buy a Raptor. And I was ready to hammer out the final "drive off" price from that dealer in OKC.

So I call and talk with the guy I have been dealing with and he says they won't come off the price at all.

I won't pay that much over MSRP, no matter how much I want one.

It looks like I'm going to be a guinea pig for a 2017.

:suicide:

And you don't think that when they first come out that it will be the same thing with the markup? Plus the base price will be even higher. Makes no sense to wait if you think it will be for less later on if you are wanting new.

How much over msrp were they?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I refuse to believe that they sell this many trucks with a $10k mark up. As much as I love these trucks I would never pay over msrp. Anyone that does is the single contributor to the problem.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

OP
OP
A

Alaskaguy11

Reaction score
And you don't think that when they first come out that it will be the same thing with the markup? Plus the base price will be even higher. Makes no sense to wait if you think it will be for less later on if you are wanting new.

How much over msrp were they?

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I am talking about resigning myself to the fact of having to buy a 2017 when they come out. And I am going by lots of posts here from 2+ years ago where guys said they ordered them from Dearborn with what they wanted and paid MSRP (or less).

My problem with the 2014 is I waited too long. It is my own fault. And now they are drying up faster than Granny Clampett. :specialed:

Just damn...

Now I am on the search for another 2014 with the help of kdub405 (thanks man!). If anyone else sees a new one, yell at me.

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found 3 brand new raptors at hoffpauir ford in lampases, tx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

All were around $54k

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found 3 brand new raptors at hoffpauir ford in lampases, tx

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

All were around $54k

All of those have been sold. None to speak of at a fair price.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

If any of you guys come across one, I'm sure that Al would appreciate any leads.

OP
OP
A

Alaskaguy11

Reaction score
Thanks, kdub405.

I am really heartbroken.

I know that sounds kind of stupid. But I am.

I finally get to a point where I can afford a new vehicle. And not just a new one. But the truck I have dreamt of for years. And I can't find one.

My friend had a new Lightning back in the 90's. And I wouldn't ride in it because I knew I would want one but could not afford it.

Now a truck that is even more of what I want comes along. And I can't find one except for the one that doesn't have a step tailgate and is $69K firm.

And the other one has a step tailgate and is $85,550 firm. All of the other new ones have had superchargers and other aftermarket items installed and are $85+.

D

Deleted member 12951

Think you will need to change gears and start looking for a used 2013 or 2014. You will have better luck and probably closer to what you want to pay. Look in the section here at FRF, there has been quite a few really nice ones that have been put up for sale.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to Autotrader, for mine. I will tell you that on the east and mid east of the USA they sell for several thousands less than they do in the South. It is not my daily driver though and I have another vehicle I use for gas mileage. I pulled one from Illinois, and it was 5-8 grand less than any of the ones I could find close to me. It has 60 thousand miles on it but it is a beautiful truck, and I could not build one for that. It was very well taken care of 1 owner. I am proud of it, it is nice and for a 4 year old truck I could not ask for anything to be in better shape. Not a single ding, dent or scratch in any body panel. They are out there, you can find them but the good ones do not last very long and you have to be willing to pounce on one right then when you find it. I thought about going up in order to get a newer 12 or 13 model but in the end I did not need the NAV or the fancy center display screen.

It has every option, I turned down a 12 with no sunroof for 2-3 grand more with 42 thousand miles. You have to decide what you want, and pursue only those till you find it. The only thing that turned me away from the 2010s was the display screen, and lack of tech options.

You can find yours if you are patient, and willing to look every day at every listing.

good luck

Last edited: