GEN 1 WANTED: CL3Z-4234-A and CL3Z-4234-B L&R Rear Axle Assemblies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call SVC, TMX or Currie to see if they have any take-off rear ends from all the trucks they have replaced the rear assembly on.
At one point you could buy a complete 9.75 for less than the cost of new axels..lol

OP
OP
S

SumerM

Reaction score
Thank you Gumby! Hopefully the Yukon/Summit parts are the breakthrough I needed. My Ford parts mgr. is checking compatibility.

OP
OP
S

SumerM

Reaction score
I ordered the shafts from Summit with a Aug 3 ship date, but they just sent me an email stating mfg. Yukon is on backorder with no estimate for when the parts will ever be available again. Same status as Ford itself. I am finding this same situation with every parts dealer on-line— they are orderable, but no estimate for availability. I guess I’ll start calling the customization shops. Even eBay doesn’t have a 2012 OEM or even aftermarket shaft in stock. Is this the future for high-end Ford products?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered the shafts from Summit with a Aug 3 ship date, but they just sent me an email stating mfg. Yukon is on backorder with no estimate for when the parts will ever be available again. Same status as Ford itself. I am finding this same situation with every parts dealer on-line— they are orderable, but no estimate for availability. I guess I’ll start calling the customization shops. Even eBay doesn’t have a 2012 OEM or even aftermarket shaft in stock. Is this the future for high-end Ford products?
Axle shafts are not a common wear and tear item, they generally last the life of the vehicle. Only so many service parts are made; if that inventory is depleted, they need to have enough demand to make more. They’re not going to produce a single set just for one person.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my drivers side rear axle shaft about four months ago. Took a few days of calling around to many different dealers to find one. Each dealer had a different price depending on how special they thought their shaft was. I ended up getting lucky and finding one fairly cheap only 10 miles away at a local SoCal Ford dealer.

OP
OP
S

SumerM

Reaction score
Thanks. I didn’t expect my rear axles to strip either. Not unheard of according to FORD. RAPTOR going 50 over boulders in commercials, it should be expected occasionally. I’ll keep calling around.

OP
OP
S

SumerM

Reaction score
I finally found the rear axles at Moser Engineering, in Portland, IN (260)-726-6689. They custom make 35 spline 2012-2014 Raptor SVT rear axles with a 2-day turnaround. They were a lifesaver. It took forever to find them, because googling the FORD OEM part numbers didn’t bring up custom shops making equivalents. The Moser spec sheet on their website however does show the OEM equivalent for their custom axles. Highly Recommended. Again, I had been waiting 7 months at my Ford Dealer for the OEM part on national backorder with no Estimated arrival date.

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally found the rear axles at Moser Engineering, in Portland, IN (260)-726-6689. They custom make 35 spline 2012-2014 Raptor SVT rear axles with a 2-day turnaround. They were a lifesaver. It took forever to find them, because googling the FORD OEM part numbers didn’t bring up custom shops making equivalents. The Moser spec sheet on their website however does show the OEM equivalent for their custom axles. Highly Recommended. Again, I had been waiting 7 months at my Ford Dealer for the OEM part on national backorder with no Estimated arrival date.
How much vs oem