Wait time for Cam Phaser replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mac4

Reaction score
I have a 2018 and cam phasers need to be replaced. The dealer told me they needed to order the parts but weren’t able to give me an exact date as to how long this process with take. I’m wondering how long it will take to get the parts and complete the replacement.

Would anyone be able to give me an idea as to how long this might take?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My local dealer said parts were in stock pretty much all the time (as of last week). He then said I could have brought it in that same day if i wanted to. But I opted for 2 weeks out so I can prepare. I plan on getting colder plugs put in so I have to order from @OffroadAlliance.com . I plan on doing the stock location Cobb ic and tune after the phaser swap. I really didnt want to tune until that was squared up. Service advisor also said when I asked if they were up to the repair, “ we’ve done so many we can do them with our eyes closed by now, no problem.” Its a very small dealer so I was skeptical as to if they’d have a really good tech being that its such a small dealership. Usually the higher dollar dealers are able to pay techs higher salary and thus better tech… it wasn't a major concern but something i thought about. Shes going in 7NOV. Ill let you know how it turns out…

Last edited:

Danlwells

Reaction score
Had the cam phasers done on my 2017 about a year ago. I’m starting to hear the rattle again on cold startups

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine were done earlier this year. Dealer had to order parts for me as well. Parts took 10 days to arrive. After scheduling appointment, the work was quick. Dropped off Monday morning, picked up Tuesday afternoon.
Hope that helps.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine done around April this year, my truck is a 2018.
Took the dealer about 3 weeks to get parts, then was out about a month to schedule to get them done.

Reaction score
I have been waiting 3 weeks now for a good-sized dealership to get the parts in, they are “supposed” to be in early this week. This is the second time I’ve will have had them done on my ‘17, the 1st time being about 18 months ago.

Know that the cam phaser repair carries its own 2 year warranty, so that when they fail again, they will still be covered even when the truck is out of warranty.

It honestly makes me somewhat apprehensive to pull the trigger on the Gen 3, but from what I understand, they have “fixed the problem.”

I have affectionately nick-named my ‘17 “Shake, rattle and roll,” as the shudder at idle has become increasingly noticeable.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I have been waiting 3 weeks now for a good-sized dealership to get the parts in, they are “supposed” to be in early this week. This is the second time I’ve will have had them done on my ‘17, the 1st time being about 18 months ago.

Know that the cam phaser repair carries its own 2 year warranty, so that when they fail again, they will still be covered even when the truck is out of warranty.

It honestly makes me somewhat apprehensive to pull the trigger on the Gen 3, but from what I understand, they have “fixed the problem.”

I have affectionately nick-named my ‘17 “Shake, rattle and roll,” as the shudder at idle has become increasingly noticeable.

There is a TSB for the shake at idle. Also a TSB to reprogram the phasers. Have you had the PCM reflashed to fix both of these issues?

Danlwells

Reaction score
What’s the lemon law on this cam phasers issue. I saw someone on this forum who’s had them done three times. This is pretty ridiculous

OP
OP
M

Mac4

Reaction score
Update: got a call they got the parts in today. Much faster than I thought it would take. Tech said it will about a day to do the repair. Thanks for all the insight everyone I appreciate it. Seems like the supply chain delay is starting to go away. Let’s hope it continues to trend in that direction.