Video of my cammed full exhaust 5.4L Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So lets see... 297 *1.2=357ish and 325*1.2=390ish

So at the flywheel you picked up 357-310 = 47ish horsepower and 390-365 = 25ish torque?

With cams, headers and a tune?? Yeah I hope you'd be happy. That sort of improvement aint bad at all! Well done Tank!

PS: Can you post the graph? I'd love to see the torque curve.
My scanner is broke but I will try to get something done soon. The power comes in a lot sooner now. This would be a very close race with a stock 6.2L

bighaeb

Reaction score
Post up all the info you can please! Any problems? How much does this part cost with install? What's your input on performance after the install was complete? Etc....

Very curious about this mod. I really want to get this done to my rig!

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No disrespect to the op or bigj, but if I get less than 90 HP out of a cam tune etc I am not doing it...

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No disrespect taken here. However I do respectfully disagree with you. My experience with modern engines says Tank's gains are just about right for 'top end' work only.

And even so, the numbers we've discussed so far are only max numbers. I'm willing to bet we'll see "up the curve" improvements in the neighborhood of x2 those numbers at places along the RPM scale (I'm REALLY hoping Tank did a before pull, and will then overlay the after pull so we can compare curves). My experience also says that the up the curve numbers are far more valuable/usable than the max numbers.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
The numbers are in 297 HP and 325 TQ on 87 octane. I'm very happy with the results.

My scanner is broke but I will try to get something done soon. The power comes in a lot sooner now. This would be a very close race with a stock 6.2L

Was it done on a DynoJet? Their software is free. If you get the file, you can play with the correction factors, do overlays, etc.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was it done on a DynoJet? Their software is free. If you get the file, you can play with the correction factors, do overlays, etc.
If only... I believe he said it was on an Evo (Dyno Dynamics) :puke:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
No disrespect taken here. However I do respectfully disagree with you. My experience with modern engines says Tank's gains are just about right for 'top end' work only.

And even so, the numbers we've discussed so far are only max numbers. I'm willing to bet we'll see "up the curve" improvements in the neighborhood of x2 those numbers at places along the RPM scale (I'm REALLY hoping Tank did a before pull, and will then overlay the after pull so we can compare curves). My experience also says that the up the curve numbers are far more valuable/usable than the max numbers.

I totally agree with you...for real world application you are rarely ever running at or near the peak numbers. I typically use 2500-4000 maybe 5000 rpm so that is where I would look for gains.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Post up all the info you can please! Any problems? How much does this part cost with install? What's your input on performance after the install was complete? Etc....

Very curious about this mod. I really want to get this done to my rig!
I won't know the full cost everything until I get my CC statement. You will need a tune. JDM is only the company that has tuned a Raptor with my mods and we are still working out a few small problems but the tune is spot on.
No disrespect to the op or bigj, but if I get less than 90 HP out of a cam tune etc I am not doing it...
This is a simple Hot Cam. I have not touched any other part of the motor with a good set of heads I could get the other 50 HP but I was shooting for 300HP also it was well over 90 degrees and very humid also this is only on 87 octane with E85 or 93 octane you could get bigger gains.

I don't have a before dyno graph. I'm going to ask JDM for some info on there 5.4L they've dyno.
No it was a dyno dynamics
If only... I believe he said it was on an Evo (Dyno Dynamics) :puke:
No they have a mustang dyno and I will never give them my money.
I totally agree with you...for real world application you are rarely ever running at or near the peak numbers. I typically use 2500-4000 maybe 5000 rpm so that is where I would look for gains.
Peak HP is at 5300 RPM and Peak TQ is at 3750 RPM

Next mod will be a new intake that uses a GT500 style throttle body. I'm looking into a custom sheet metal intake.