VHF Radio Mounting Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneFast440

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install my VHF Radio. I have seen two different ways to mount. One is in the cubby by the USBs and one is in the center console.

Can anyone share photos of how they ran the antenna into these locations? Where did you have to cut holes?
What did you have to disassemble in order to install?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I’m no help, but I’m in for pics etc. I’m still gathering parts

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install my VHF Radio. I have seen two different ways to mount. One is in the cubby by the USBs and one is in the center console.

Can anyone share photos of how they ran the antenna into these locations? Where did you have to cut holes?
What did you have to disassemble in order to install?

Ive posted these somewhere else on here but heres a quick summary. Icom 800H with detachable face. Wires down the A pillar. Power from the passenger footwell (Aux 1). The antenna is ran up the bed and comes in via grommet under the drivers seat. Speaker is in the front cubby.

All of this is ran under the carpet and meets up with the base unit which is secured in the console. I removed the seats and loosened the console to run everything.

sXq8qLd.jpg

rmAY8jP.jpg

C7ytsm4.jpg

v39ZlwL.jpg

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive posted these somewhere else on here but heres a quick summary. Icom 800H with detachable face. Wires down the A pillar. Power from the passenger footwell (Aux 1). The antenna is ran up the bed and comes in via grommet under the drivers seat. Speaker is in the front cubby.

All of this is ran under the carpet and meets up with the base unit which is secured in the console. I removed the seats and loosened the console to run everything.

sXq8qLd.jpg

rmAY8jP.jpg

C7ytsm4.jpg

v39ZlwL.jpg

I was going to wire to the passthrough wires but in the radio forum posts there was a link to a mobile site that says the radio power HAS to be connected to pos/neg on the battery directly. I have a Kenwood TK7160H-K 50watt. Would I be able to wire this up like you with the passthrough or is your unit differnt?