Value of our raptors after v8 debut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol. New article today stating RAM shooting for release of TRX in late 2022, which means probably 2023.

Ford will have Gen3 out at same time to compete with RAM Gen1. It wont be a fair fight.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean like an intercooler? You're right, no one would ever be so dumb as to put an intercooler on a supercharger. Oh, wait......

BTW, a bit of trivia for you, do you know what is the most reliable engine ever made? No, silly goose, it's not a V8, not even close. It just so happens to be an engine configuration nearly identical to a turbocharger, and that is a turbine engine. A 777 engine will operate at near full power (110,000 horsepower) for 18 hours a day, every day for years on end. Only turbines can handle the heat, pressure, and power. But nice guess.
Actually, high bypass turbo fans have much higher failure rates at high to near max power settings, ie max takeoff power. That’s why most takeoffs are done at some form of derated power. Not only does that save engine wear it statistically lowers the chance of engine failure.

At cruise a high bypass engine is only producing a fraction of its max power capability. You don’t need 220k pounds of thrust to cruise at 250 knots indicate airspeed at 39000+ feet. All that excess power is used for take off and climb to altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You haven't driven the new one's have ya fan boy? Ford better use that 5.2 GT500 motor. If they do I'll consider it as I'm not a fan boy. But if they don't and keep using the 3.5 they're going to get raked over the coals by Mopar.
I really don’t care if dodge actually does come out with a trx ,which they won’t with 700hp. For the following reasons
- I don’t drag race
- the dodge will have shit susp.
- the Trx is frickin ugly
- it will cost wayyyyyy too much
- it will depreciate faster then it will empty the gas tank
- fuel use .... see above.
And yes I’ve been in a new rebel.....yawn. The only thing I liked was the exhaust note

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
I really don’t care if dodge actually does come out with a trx ,which they won’t with 700hp. For the following reasons
- I don’t drag race
- the dodge will have shit susp.
- the Trx is frickin ugly
- it will cost wayyyyyy too much
- it will depreciate faster then it will empty the gas tank
- fuel use .... see above.
And yes I’ve been in a new rebel.....yawn. The only thing I liked was the exhaust note

C'mon you can do better than that? Please continue w/ additional musings of denial :lol2:

Joe Knox

Reaction score
Well I heard they were looking at the 5-liter coyote with twins or the Rousch supercharger. Now my daughter just bought a 2019 and its fast and i love the progressive speed increase with turbos, but it just can't match the sound of my 2014 6.2

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my Raptor in for a Rebel 12A a few weeks back and left with a fat check. I don't miss the Raptor AT ALL. The engine absolutely sucks. I tried to like it but it's just flippin' boring. Imo the resale value of the Gen II Raptor has reached its zenith. With all this fresh news coming out about near future trucks and competition for the Gen II... the time to sell is now.

Wait wait wait.... This dude traded his Raptor for a Fiat (also brags about $4$ used Raptor being worth more than a new Fiat), is still posting on the Raptor forums, and is accusing others of being in denial?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, that's some funny sh*t. In a pathetic way, of course.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait wait wait.... This dude traded his Raptor for a Fiat (also brags about $4$ used Raptor being worth more than a new Fiat), is still posting on the Raptor forums, and is accusing others of being in denial?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, that's some funny sh*t. In a pathetic way, of course.
Hahaha yup , must be no action on the rebel forums. What could they actually talk about. That antique motor. Useless suspension, oh wait !!!!! That frickin gay as hell shifter dial . Fawk.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually, high bypass turbo fans have much higher failure rates at high to near max power settings, ie max takeoff power. That’s why most takeoffs are done at some form of derated power. Not only does that save engine wear it statistically lowers the chance of engine failure.

At cruise a high bypass engine is only producing a fraction of its max power capability. You don’t need 220k pounds of thrust to cruise at 250 knots indicate airspeed at 39000+ feet. All that excess power is used for take off and climb to altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airplane engines operate at 70 to 80% max power in cruise flight for hours at a time. Automobile engines can only operate at 30% continuously or else they start overheating and suffering from premature failure.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The V6 is far less reliable.

How many 6.2L have needed their turbos to be replaced?

How many rocker arm issues on the 3.5 ecoboost?=none Both engines are very reliable and BOTH engines had their growing pains.
It's a shame that bias bashing exists on these forums and facts don't matter