Urgent, but dumb question - are all stock Raptors 50-state legal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

burntoc

Reaction score
As far as I know, yes. It's certified and only about 40K miles. Seems like it was treated well.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but California has some screwed up emissions laws and vehicles are different there because of this. Perhaps east coast guys don't know this....

Having said that, there are people on this forum that live in CA and purchased their raptor from another state. @MajorAR has Kansas plates though so perhaps that is a way to get around it?

@RDFTS Rick and fellas...I'm in a bit of a different situation. Being active duty military, I can still keep my residence in my home state (advantage of waaaaaay cheaper Kansas tags, taxes and etc) but when i retire in Sept 16' with 20 years next year...I'll have 6 months from the day of retirement to either move out of the state of COMMUNISTFORNIA or switch over to CA lic plates and regulations. At that point, I do BELIEVE....CA will require a smog and whatever else this broke state requires. Having said all that...you should be fine bringing your vehicle to CA, just be prepared to follow all the CA DMV stipulations. Hope this helps.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated, you shouldn't have any issues bringing the truck into California.

The toughest part is going to be when you realize that you can't have the same, awesome, go fast goodies as others on this forum, only because the part isn't CARB legal in CA.

It's a daily struggle... :ROFLJest:

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Usually South OC (Mission Viejo area), sometimes North San Diego.

I'd strongly suggest taking it to M & M Smog In Mission Viejo when it arrives. He's off road friendly and will not ******** you if anything needs fixed.

Sean's located at 23253 Madero, Mission Viejo, CA
(949) 462-9725

OP
OP
B

burntoc

Reaction score
I'd strongly suggest taking it to M & M Smog In Mission Viejo when it arrives. He's off road friendly and will not ******** you if anything needs fixed.

Sean's located at 23253 Madero, Mission Viejo, CA
(949) 462-9725

You are a rockstar. Thanks for sharing this!! Hope to connect with some of you guys in SoCal/AZ/NV soon! Of course I'll be the old man - 44 coming up!!