Upside down Baja Design Squadrons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The logo on the bezel of the squadron is the only thing upside down, and it’s easy to fix. You can mount the light any way you want and orient the bezel and lens any way you’d like, that’s the beauty of them being removable. You can even do it sideways if that blows your hair back.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The logo on the bezel of the squadron is the only thing upside down, and it’s easy to fix. You can mount the light any way you want and orient the bezel and lens any way you’d like, that’s the beauty of them being removable. You can even do it sideways if that blows your goats hair back.
fixed

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With these squadrons mounted upside down for our fog light kits, will this negatively effect the SAE models that are supposed to have a sharper cut off? Also, do people flip the covers on the combo lens models? Does that not matter at all?

About to hook mine up once some hardware issues are resolved.

So the SAE lights won't be effected TOO MUCH. There is a right/wrong way to mount them BUT it's very minimal. The cut-off will be sharper if you mount them correct.

Our Fog Kits actually include lights that are already flipped, so the end-user doesn't have to do anything (because Baja Designs DOES NOT want you to take the SAE lights apart).

You can mount them upside down though but the logos will be wrong and the pattern won't be EXACTLY the same. But you won't notice a difference honestly.

As for the other lights, most people SHOULD flip the lenses but it's not really required. I like them flipped so that my spot portion is slightly higher then the wider portion. It's also a good idea to flip them so the logos on the bezels/lenses are correct.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With these squadrons mounted upside down for our fog light kits, will this negatively effect the SAE models that are supposed to have a sharper cut off? Also, do people flip the covers on the combo lens models? Does that not matter at all?

About to hook mine up once some hardware issues are resolved.

Our SAE light is our only series that is not Uservicable due to it being SAE compliant. We flip the optics and lenses in-house to adjust them depending on how they are mounted. If you encounter an issue with the pattern please reach out to [email protected]
Best,
Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201​