Uploading pictures and audio to SYNC system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so do you "have" to use a data cd or can i use a cd-r? reading online, there shouldn't be a problem using a cd-r to put a couple pics on my nav screen. but it says damagaed or unsupported disc when i try to upload. oh and the files are jpeg and are not in excess.

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Downside to doing this (I've noticed) is when you record the disc and place it in the Nav, it shows up as Unknown Artist - So there would be no way to search for the artist or song.

I have decided to place a lot of my music on a mini pen drive and plug into the USB port hidden in the dash. All my music is there. Only down side, I can't use Voice Commands with it as it's unsupported. :flipthebird:

I am guessing this was already addressed, but there is a way to have the music come up with artist and titles so it doesnt come up as unknown artist. It has to do when you are downloading the songs from itunes to the cd drive. Just make sure the box is checked that says include cd text and it should download the names of artist, etc. I learned this the hard way and downloaded about 20 discs worth before I figured it out and had to start over.

If anyone knows a better way to do this without using cd that would be great. Costing a fortune to go through so many cd's to do this!

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Birdman, just to verify......
Can I use a flash drive to upload pictures to change backgrounds on my 2012 Rap?