Upfitter / Aux Switch Wiring Explained

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckelly33

Reaction score
Ok, I hope somebody is still watching this thread cause I have a few noob questions!

I am wanting to permanently mount my radar detector and, so it isn't on when i don't need it, I was going to hook it to the AUX switch just for the heck of it. I have a ****** 9500ix and bought the direct wore kit for it. I have it already run across the dash and grounded not I just have to give it power.

I think I need a 10A fuse so I was going to hook it to brown/aux 4 (correct?).

Here's the question I'm most ashamed to ask - since the AUX 4 switch is OFF when I am wiring, do I need to unhook the battery?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I hope somebody is still watching this thread cause I have a few noob questions!

I am wanting to permanently mount my radar detector and, so it isn't on when i don't need it, I was going to hook it to the AUX switch just for the heck of it. I have a ****** 9500ix and bought the direct wore kit for it. I have it already run across the dash and grounded not I just have to give it power.

I think I need a 10A fuse so I was going to hook it to brown/aux 4 (correct?).

Here's the question I'm most ashamed to ask - since the AUX 4 switch is OFF when I am wiring, do I need to unhook the battery?

The switch has no power when the key is off... so unless you are wiring with the key on you dont need to disconnect the battery....