Unscheduled Squad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your story. There are so many many stories like this, it's crazy but understandable given the pandemic and supply chain issues. What frustrates me is the lack of communication throughout the process. Ford & their dealers could really improve in this regard. I still want a Raptor, but I'm not pleased at all with the lack of customer service from both my dealer and Ford. This 'should' be an exciting process, but instead it's super frustrating just being left in the dark only to hear - sorry, your truck is not getting built - what would you like to do?

From what I've been told, you are correct about '21's still being in production. But according to the Ford regional rep in North Carolina, the scheduling for them is done and the year is "balance out" - whatever that means. Which is probably why they said yours will be a '22. But once again, we are just left speculating after hearing feedback secondhand via a dealer. So who knows what the truth really is. But it sure makes for a poor experience.
Absolutely. I get that commodity issues have created troubles.

But in terms of retail orders, what's stopping Ford from sending the customer an order confirmation? This should happen independently from the dealer. They have our contact information and address due to requiring a photocopy of our license.

"Dear Customer,

We have received your order from Dealer X. Your dealer has Y available allocations. While subject to commodity availability, your truck is expected to be produced as a model year Z."

The fact that there is zero communication from Ford to the customer about available allocations is what leaves a bad taste in so many people's mouths. Dealers have every incentive to lie to you in order to get a deposit and every incentive to string you along once they have it.

So many companies have build to order systems and get it right. It's mind-blowing that a company as big as Ford can get it so wrong.

Last edited:

Mustainefan

Reaction score
My dealer told me yesterday he heard for certain my order would have to switch to a 2022. Once the order banks opened we could get it in. I told him don't bother, and to refund my deposit ASAP. This is a bunch of bullsh*t for something that will be there in 6 months for a lot less. I'll just take the bus for now.

Reaction score
I called Ford Performance just for grins to see what they see for my order status. And no big surprise... it's still unscheduled clean.
Same here. Dumb question, do we actually have chance of getting scheduled at this point?

I called my dealer to ask about ordering a 2022, but he said to wait and see about the 2021. Too many games being played for me to tell what's actually going on. This is a small town/rural area. Been told dealer "has allocations."

Edit: I know rumor is scheduling for 2021 is done, but I guess my question is why are some of us unscheduled people still hanging on instead of being canceled like the others?

Last edited:

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Dumb question, do we actually have chance of getting scheduled at this point?

I called my dealer to ask about ordering a 2022, but he said to wait and see about the 2021. Too many games being played for me to tell what's actually going on. This is a small town/rural area. Been told dealer "has allocations."

Edit: I know rumor is scheduling for 2021 is done, but I guess my question is why are some of us unscheduled people still hanging on instead of being canceled like the others?
According to my dealer’s Ford rep scheduling for 21 is done. So now I’m in line for a 22. But my 21 order lives on as unscheduled.

Edit: my dealer said they had three allocations and they are only getting two trucks. Sounds like some allocations were not guaranteed.

It all makes for a terrible buying experience. The pandemic is no excuse for poor customer service.

Last edited:

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well my order fell through as well. I have the money but no allocation and not paying more than 2K over MSRP. I guess I'm on the hunt for a 2020. I like the front end better anyhow, just missing out on so much more.