Unscheduled Squad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How come whenever I chat with Ford Performance I always get Anthony?
I've been checking weekly via email to Ford Performance and have heard back from Anthony all but one time. Still unscheduled-clean as of this morning. I think I am officially giving up hope.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AND just got a call from the dealership and he indicated that since the vehicle hasn't been scheduled at this point, it isn't going to happen. So he's changing the order to a '22 and sending me the paperwork. I was wondering if I was going to hear from him today.
Honestly, I wish that had happened to my order. My truck is scheduled to be built late next week (hopefully, unless is gets pushed back again). The 22s will begin production before I get my truck. I may get it by Thanksgiving, or it could be in December. A 21 in September wouldn't be terrible, getting a 21 with a couple of weeks left in the year and the 22s about to arrive is disappointing.

Also, I like the option groupings for the 22s better than the 21s. I ordered the moonroof. I also ordered the 2KW power package just to get the tailgate step. The moonroof is a little more expensive on the 22s, but I'd drop the power package.

I'd also go for the 37s with the black interior.

98Craig

Reaction score
Well, hope the zone rep knows something! Seems WAY too dependent on individual dealers. Some cancel, some say good to go. At this point, I'm more frustrated with Ford Corp then individual dealers. This process of year to year change-over is NOT new. The process should be straightforward and EVERYONE should know what to expect. No one who orders a 22 should get it before someone who has a 21 on order. SHOULD being the key word...

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else still unscheduled clean on a 21 order?? I called today and talked to FP and my dealer. As of today, my order is still in, still accepted and still unscheduled clean... No one seems to know ANYTHING. FP said they are STILL scheduling 21 builds (take that for what it's worth). Just wondering if anyone has heard the same as of today.
I'm still in the same situation; unscheduled/clean on a '21 order from June and my dealer is telling me the same thing. Their Ford zone rep said Ford has yet to balance out all of the 2021 builds. So I continue to wait, meanwhile two dealer stock order trucks are showing at the dealer I placed my order with.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I wish that had happened to my order. My truck is scheduled to be built late next week (hopefully, unless is gets pushed back again). The 22s will begin production before I get my truck. I may get it by Thanksgiving, or it could be in December. A 21 in September wouldn't be terrible, getting a 21 with a couple of weeks left in the year and the 22s about to arrive is disappointing.

Also, I like the option groupings for the 22s better than the 21s. I ordered the moonroof. I also ordered the 2KW power package just to get the tailgate step. The moonroof is a little more expensive on the 22s, but I'd drop the power package.

I'd also go for the 37s with the black interior.
Problem will be they have to finish the 21's then start production on 22's... and commodities need to be in order, which they aren't now. You may wait a lot longer than you think for a 2022, but I get your concern.
I am betting this will be an issue until the end of 2022 at least.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regional Ford rep was at my dealership today. My dealer had three Raptor allocations and they submitted three orders the day the order banks opened up in June. Two of the three were dealer stock and other was my retail order. The two dealer stock orders got picked up to be built and are arriving soon. Mine has been sitting unscheduled clean since day one. Ford rep told the dealer yesterday: “They balanced out the 21’s.”

So my ‘21 order is null and void and can be converted to a 22. I asked about ETA and they said they had no idea and don’t want to even guess.

The dealer is offering me pick of the two stock ones coming in. Both have moonroofs and other options I didn’t order.

So I have some decisions to make. And for what it’s worth the dealer is pissed too as they are only getting two of their three allocations.

Last edited:

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regional Ford rep was at my dealership today. My dealer had three Raptor allocations and they submitted three orders the day the order banks opened up in June. Two of the three were dealer stock and other was my retail order. The two dealer stock orders got picked up to be built and are arriving soon. Mine has been sitting unscheduled clean since day one. Ford rep said: “They balanced out the 21’s.”

So my ‘21 order is null and void and can be converted to a 22. I asked about ETA and they said they had no idea and don’t want to even guess.

The dealer is offering me pick of the two stock ones coming in. Both have moonroofs which I don’t and other options I didn’t order.

So I have some decisions to make. And for what it’s worth the dealer is pissed too as they are only getting two of their three allocations.
My guess and it’s a little more than a guess. Another dealer had the same thing they were advised that they had to place 2 orders ASAP when the banks opened with a total of 3 allocations. One to be allocated at a date to be determined. My guess is that’s what happened to a lot of guys. Dealers we told to place orders immediately for x number of allocations avail at that time with some allocations being avail at a later date. My guess is the later allocations aren’t being fulfilled. Just bad luck and or timing. Normal year’s production pre covid wouldn’t be a issue. This year shortened production run and plant shutdowns and supply chain issues besides the chip shortage makes it very unpredictable and I hate to say it luck of the draw.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess and it’s a little more than a guess. Another dealer had the same thing they were advised that they had to place 2 orders ASAP when the banks opened with a total of 3 allocations. One to be allocated at a date to be determined. My guess is that’s what happened to a lot of guys. Dealers we told to place orders immediately for x number of allocations avail at that time with some allocations being avail at a later date. My guess is the later allocations aren’t being fulfilled. Just bad luck and or timing. Normal year’s production pre covid wouldn’t be a issue. This year shortened production run and plant shutdowns and supply chain issues besides the chip shortage makes it very unpredictable and I hate to say it luck of the draw.

Nothing more than speculation but given the way my dealer explained things, in addition to talks with FP guys, that doesn't sound too far-fetched.

I initially was 3rd in line at my dealer.
  • Buyer #1 backed out (he wanted a 35 which is now a stock order that is being built).
  • Buyer #2 had dibs on the first 37 allocation (his truck was built and is scheduled for delivery at the end of the month).
  • I have the 2nd 37 allocation.
The dealer mentions that per his rep, my truck would likely be a late run but was still expected to be a 2021, which I was okay with. As time went on, my dealer assured me the rep fully expected the truck to be built. I can't recall the exact date but I spoke with one of the FP guys to see if they had heard something similar happening before. He mentioned that depending on the region, it's not uncommon for allocations not be awarded all at once that way they can go to dealers that actually have orders. Given that my dealer is in a smaller region it seemed logical to me.

My dealer up until last week kept saying they haven't stopped production on 21s and still expected my truck to be scheduled for production. He was adamant that the Rep owed them another 37 package truck. Last week when I spoke with him, he said that after a conversation with his rep, my truck would be a MY22.

Again, not sure if true but given the commodity issues, production starts/stops, etc. it seems reasonable.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing more than speculation but given the way my dealer explained things, in addition to talks with FP guys, that doesn't sound too far-fetched.

I initially was 3rd in line at my dealer.
  • Buyer #1 backed out (he wanted a 35 which is now a stock order that is being built).
  • Buyer #2 had dibs on the first 37 allocation (his truck was built and is scheduled for delivery at the end of the month).
  • I have the 2nd 37 allocation.
The dealer mentions that per his rep, my truck would likely be a late run but was still expected to be a 2021, which I was okay with. As time went on, my dealer assured me the rep fully expected the truck to be built. I can't recall the exact date but I spoke with one of the FP guys to see if they had heard something similar happening before. He mentioned that depending on the region, it's not uncommon for allocations not be awarded all at once that way they can go to dealers that actually have orders. Given that my dealer is in a smaller region it seemed logical to me.

My dealer up until last week kept saying they haven't stopped production on 21s and still expected my truck to be scheduled for production. He was adamant that the Rep owed them another 37 package truck. Last week when I spoke with him, he said that after a conversation with his rep, my truck would be a MY22.

Again, not sure if true but given the commodity issues, production starts/stops, etc. it seems reasonable.
Thanks for sharing your story. There are so many many stories like this, it's crazy but understandable given the pandemic and supply chain issues. What frustrates me is the lack of communication throughout the process. Ford & their dealers could really improve in this regard. I still want a Raptor, but I'm not pleased at all with the lack of customer service from both my dealer and Ford. This 'should' be an exciting process, but instead it's super frustrating just being left in the dark only to hear - sorry, your truck is not getting built - what would you like to do?

From what I've been told, you are correct about '21's still being in production. But according to the Ford regional rep in North Carolina, the scheduling for them is done and the year is "balanced out" - whatever that means. Which is probably why they said yours will be a '22. But once again, we are just left speculating after hearing feedback secondhand via a dealer. So who knows what the truth really is. But it sure makes for a poor experience.

Last edited: