Uh oh! Another tt-v8 article

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to inject myself into your little tiff, but manufacturers have been building race cars at a loss for Years. The Ford GT is an example, built exclusively for LeMans... collectors who can afford them benefit because they have to build more of them than will ever be raced for production numbers. Remember the thunderbolt, GT350, Daytona, Superbird... none built exclusively for direct profit, but the thought that if you win races, people will come to the dealership and buy a car. Do manufacturers profit? Definitely. But not from selling Superbirds or GT's.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

The V6 is an awesome motor. Guys are going to find big horsepower in a lightweight truck. If a V8 were to come out tomorrow, guys will still enjoy the lighter V6 and some will like their new V8, and the argument will continue. GM sold a lot of small block Camaros even when a big block was an option. Small blocks made for a better handling car even though a big block made more power. Ford and Mopar likewise. today you can buy a GT350 or a GT500... which one is better? The nimble GT350 or the SuperSnake?

He's not going to listen, just like he doesn't believe that manufacturers build models to specific specs in order to race certain classes, even though every race fan in the world knows this is true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol i see rivers of tears coming
V6 is getting skinnied up from 3.5 to 3.3 (doubt they keep that as a raptor option) and yes...na 5.0 v8
The "magic" in the 17 raptor is the transmission... Nothing more

This is no longer rumors
Car and Driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You need to read better and look at the current engine lineup. I guess you're not aware of the 3.5 V6 NA engine are you?

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to read better and look at the current engine lineup. I guess you're not aware of the 3.5 V6 NA engine are you?

Here's what I read. Blah blah 3.3 blah v6 blah 2.7 blah blah.
...and the naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V-8

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I read. Blah blah 3.3 blah v6 blah 2.7 blah blah.
...and the naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V-8

So you just spew irrelevant shit on forums and freely admit to it? The internet is truly an amazing thing; unfortunately it does not discriminate in allowing ********* to use it.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you just spew irrelevant shit on forums and freely admit to it? The internet is truly an amazing thing; unfortunately it does not discriminate in allowing ********* to use it.

I posted the link so read it. I could give a shit what v6 is coming out...the fact is that the v8 is back. Making your v6tt the new bastard 5.4. so do me a favor and turn up your radio so the fake v8 sounds drown out your sobbing

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted the link so read it. I could give a shit what v6 is coming out...the fact is that the v8 is back. Making your v6tt the new bastard 5.4. so do me a favor and turn up your radio so the fake v8 sounds drown out your sobbing

Numb nuts, the V8 never left the F150 lineup. It's getting revised with DI just like the Mustang. It's not going in the Raptor. The Ecoboost 3.5 HO is going to be the same for MY18. That's the Raptor engine, following?

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Numb nuts, the V8 never left the F150 lineup. It's getting revised with DI just like the Mustang. It's not going in the Raptor. The Ecoboost 3.5 HO is going to be the same for MY18. That's the Raptor engine, following?

Wanna bet?