Uh crap. Wheel hub blew out (Integrated Wheel End, IWE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped mine off 2 hours ago for a left front hub... Are there reallyno better aftermarket alternatives? This is my 4th F150 and they all had the same issue.

ruttenjs

Reaction score
Here is what the dealer put on my work order after dealing with this for three months. Thank to all for the help.

8176 IWE ACTUATOR VERFIED CONCERN FOUND BUZZ NOISE WHILE DRIVING. HOOKED UP CHAISE EAR AND PIN POINTED NOISE TO RIGHT FRONT AXEL. VACUUM TESTED IWE AND LINES ALL HELD VACUUM. REMOVE RF CV AXEL TO ACCESS IWE ACTUATOR FOUND GEAR SEPERATED FROM VACUUM DIAFRAM. REPLACED ACTUATOR AND ROAD TESTED WORKING NORMAL AT THIS TIME.

metroman

Reaction score
Ford Raptors have quality control issues with their hubs and IWE actuator. I have been threw four of these assemblies now.

Ford has changed part numbers on these items recently which may mean they have improved these parts.

I wish Ford would say something about this hub issue. I heard a rumor they had to switch manufacturers. The parts are on an unknown backorder.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After destroying both IWE this weekend during SnoBall 500.... I am going to be working on a fix for these stupid things! I talked to several people and hash out some details.. Stay tune for an announcement of a bullet proof fix!! (fingers crossed)

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After destroying both IWE this weekend during SnoBall 500.... I am going to be working on a fix for these stupid things! I talked to several people and hash out some details.. Stay tune for an announcement of a bullet proof fix!! (fingers crossed)

Count me in!

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very interesting. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SD: how did you blow them out? While in use did they strip or was it during engagement/disengagement?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn Greg thank god your doing all the major breaking for us ;) thanks buddy haha I had to replace one about a year ago after playing in the sand in El Paso.. Definitely interested in a better fix!