Ugh - already in the body shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekg1988

Reaction score
It was going in for a few other things, so i figured if I was going to be without my truck. they may as well fix it all!

That really sucks to hear, I'm actually kind of surprised of the quality of these trucks that are coming out, you would think that a limited production vehicle would get more attention to detail, I know this is the case with Audi and their RS models.

That's super crappy, that's why I've been contemplating/researching dash cams, they'll record an event/shock for situations like that so you might have a chance of catching the tag and getting the person that caused it to pay.

I attached some pictures, which you can't tell, but I know they are there. I only notice it when I'm washing it.

Attachments

• IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 89

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had an area on my hood that wasn't correct. Also I feel the black has an orange peel look to it...

aizdaman

Reaction score
That's super crappy, that's why I've been contemplating/researching dash cams, they'll record an event/shock for situations like that so you might have a chance of catching the tag and getting the person that caused it to pay.

I am doing the same thing and wished I had done this before this incident. I guess you live and learn...

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attached some pictures, which you can't tell, but I know they are there. I only notice it when I'm washing it.
That's the worst part, is that you know it's there... if you didn't know, there'd be no worries
I had an area on my hood that wasn't correct. Also I feel the black has an orange peel look to it...

Orange peel seems to be common place with today's automotive finishes... I try to stick with lighter colors, or a color with a lot of flake in it, hides it more. My sterling gray 12' super duty hid it very well for a darker color

I am doing the same thing and wished I had done this before this incident. I guess you live and learn...

Yes unfortunately, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the blackvue camera, I just haven't decided which model I'd like to go with, one that records the cabin, or the one that adheres to the back window.

aizdaman

Reaction score
Yes unfortunately, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the blackvue camera, I just haven't decided which model I'd like to go with, one that records the cabin, or the one that adheres to the back window.

I'm looking at the Blackvue as well but also the Vicovation Opia2. The Opia2 is only a single camera but it also has the best picture quality. I am planning on buying something soon so I will have it before my truck makes it out of the shop.

OP
OP
D

drjbeyer

Reaction score

Watch that VERY closely - that's exactly what mine looked like (but worse) before I rubbed the paint off with my bare finger...

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have less than 150 miles on my truck and I took it to the ice rink for my hockey game. I parked out in back far from others as usual. When I come back later that evening, my drivers side bumper is pushed so far back that it is almost touching the tire with no ability for the wheels to be turned as a result. Truck has been in the shop since then.

Seriously you steal my special order Raptor that fell through in MH now you have it in the shop?! That sucks on the hit and run... But if this makes you feel any better I just crossed 1000 miles on mine today which I picked after you so at least you have lower mileage on the truck. And I just had the Blackvue installed on mine last week... Are we related???

Last edited:

aizdaman

Reaction score
Seriously you steal my special order Raptor that fell through in MH now you have it in the shop?! That sucks on the hit and run... But if this makes you feel any better I just crossed 1000 miles on mine today which I picked after you so at least you have lower mileage on the truck. And I just had the Blackvue installed on mine last week... Are we related???

I am super bummed and must be cursed or something. Either way, I hope you are enjoying your Raptor while mine sits in the MH dealership lot as they are trying to get a new bumper from Ford.

I do have a question for anyone who might know though, do the bumpers come painted already or do they only come with the primer on? No one in the parts department can tell me with any certainty.