turtlewax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Your doing it wrong.?.?

you gotta clean the paint well by hand washing before you clay bar and remember to keep folding the clay over on its self or else you'll just be smearing dirt on your paint. the cleaner wax will remove any additional junk and clear up any hazing the clay might create. then your paint is clean and smooth...do the finish work.

I washed my truck all down then wiped it with a micro fiber cloth. Then I sprayed the lube spray for the clay bar which came with the clay bar and only did 1 square foot at a time while folding the bar over and over and over and over and over you get the point....
Soooo what did I do WRONG?? If I did something wrong then the instructions were wrong.
I had a family member take theres into a detail shop and they clay bared it as well but he didn't notice the fine scratchs on it till I pointed them out.
Is this how you do it or is there something I AM MISSING?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I washed my truck all down then wiped it with a micro fiber cloth. Then I sprayed the lube spray for the clay bar which came with the clay bar and only did 1 square foot at a time while folding the bar over and over and over and over and over you get the point....
Soooo what did I do WRONG?? If I did something wrong then the instructions were wrong.
I had a family member take theres into a detail shop and they clay bared it as well but he didn't notice the fine scratchs on it till I pointed them out.
Is this how you do it or is there something I AM MISSING?

next time use more Lube, wash your truck's really dirty areas twice(lower door panels, rockers, etc) and do all the upper areas(roof, hood, pillars, tailgate, upper door panels, upper fenders) all the way around before you touch the grimey areas with the clay. all it takes is one chunk of shit in the clay to ruin your day. or....skip the clay bar all together. clay barring a Vette that sits in the garage all week is one thing, but for our trucks I would opt for polish.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
next time use more Lube, wash your truck's really dirty areas twice(lower door panels, rockers, etc) and do all the upper areas(roof, hood, pillars, tailgate, upper door panels, upper fenders) all the way around before you touch the grimey areas with the clay. all it takes is one chunk of shit in the clay to ruin your day. or....skip the clay bar all together. clay barring a Vette that sits in the garage all week is one thing, but for our trucks I would opt for polish.

hmmm..Time to take some coarses on buffing and polishing. Last time I tried I burned the paint on my old truck..NOT GOOD.
Now I'm afraid to do it with out knowing the do's and dont's..or the best pads/products. BIRD suggestions

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
hmmm..Time to take some coarses on buffing and polishing. Last time I tried I burned the paint on my old truck..NOT GOOD.
Now I'm afraid to do it with out knowing the do's and dont's..or the best pads/products. BIRD suggestions

just use a cleaning polish, not a rubbing compound and do it by hand. i like to be intimate with my polish anyway so you can work the areas that need it and skip the areas that don't.

i use this stuff (Deep Crystal)

Car Care Products: Car Waxes to Leather Cleaners, Meguiar's the Leader in Car and Surface Care since 1901

IRONMAN

Reaction score

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like to be intimate with my polish anyway

your neighbor Mr. Wilczewski just emailed the site requesting that you stop publicly sharing the details of your intimate moments together.

We don't wanna get the site in trouble... so next time you bag a *******, keep it to yourself, Sir.

This isn't 'Nam, Bird.... There are rules.

:********: