turtlewax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorManiac

Reaction score
i have been using turtlewax for a long time, i need to say that it is really good stuff not only exterior but they also have interior cleaners, they also sell other stuff like motor oil. just check out there website
Turtle Wax - Home

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
have you tried Meguiars? i've tried Turtle Wax products in the past and find the Meguiars to be leaps and bounds better(except on price).

OP
OP
RaptorManiac

RaptorManiac

Reaction score
no i haven,t tried Meguiars i heard from it but never tried it, i,l buy a bottle of them en see if it is any good. thanks for the tip.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
no i haven,t tried Meguiars i heard from it but never tried it, i,l buy a bottle of them en see if it is any good. thanks for the tip.

it's a good tip. i used to detail cars on the weekends and Meguiars simply does not put out a product that doesn't work. i suggest strongly that you try it. skip the NXT wax though, it's a PITA to get off.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
it's a good tip. i used to detail cars on the weekends and Meguiars simply does not put out a product that doesn't work. i suggest strongly that you try it. skip the NXT wax though, it's a PITA to get off.

You're just the man I need to talk to, Bird.

I use Meguiar's as well. Been doing the glaze followed by carnuba. Looks awesome but I noticed they have a polish also. Considering this is new un-oxidized paint, do I stick with the glaze prior to waxing or use the polish?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
You're just the man I need to talk to, Bird.

I use Meguiar's as well. Been doing the glaze followed by carnuba. Looks awesome but I noticed they have a polish also. Considering this is new un-oxidized paint, do I stick with the glaze prior to waxing or use the polish?

yeah...unless you have heavy swirl marks or oxidation, skip the polish. I would do Clay Bar, followed by a cleaner wax, glaze, then final coat wax for a showroom shine. the clay bar will remove all the heavy gunk, cleaner wax will get the rest.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
yeah...unless you have heavy swirl marks or oxidation, skip the polish. I would do Clay Bar, followed by a cleaner wax, glaze, then final coat wax for a showroom shine. the clay bar will remove all the heavy gunk, cleaner wax will get the rest.

Hate the clay bar!
I did it and it left these fine scratches all over, and I use the spray lube and doughed the bar. champcaracing said it could be buffed out.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Hate the clay bar!
I did it and it left these fine scratches all over, and I use the spray lube and doughed the bar. champcaracing said it could be buffed out.

you gotta clean the paint well by hand washing before you clay bar and remember to keep folding the clay over on its self or else you'll just be smearing dirt on your paint. the cleaner wax will remove any additional junk and clear up any hazing the clay might create. then your paint is clean and smooth...do the finish work.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i should add that a cleaning polish would be a more appropriate step before the glaze but i've done it both ways. the glaze is just a polish-without the cleaning properties of a polish so it doesn't necessarily remove the cleaner wax. you could also skip the clay/cleaner wax and just use a cleaner polish without any cutting agents(not a compound) and it will probably be good enough to remove the cucky off your paint and make it ready for glaze and wax. for which i recommend the AutoGlym HD wax( check my sig pic for proof i know wtf i am doing :D )