Turns over, no start. No warning lights, two codes...suggestions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Drove to a store, did my shopping, came out, admired my truck, got in, she cranked but no start. I looked at fuse 20, but couldn't tell if it was toasted. I didn't have a multi-meter in the truck. I do have a BlueDriver, and it gave me two codes, I'll attach a screen-shot with the info.

After sitting for about an hour, I was fooling around with the security system, thinking it may have glitched and didn't disable the immobilizer. I got in, locked and alarmed it, then put the key in and started it. I was hoping to "reset" the system with the key, as it has the chip. I have NO idea if that was what did it, I doubt it based on the codes.

She's still under dealer warranty, I'm taking her in Friday to get checked out. I'd like to know more about this than their mechanic so I can make sure it's fixed correctly. I appreciate any help in educating me!

Please take a look at the pic, any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

View media item 15669

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that a 2013? And still under warranty? AS Stereo said, it is probably fuse 27 or a problem with the fuel system.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have an aftermarket security system, or are you referring to the factory immobilizer (PATS)? If the engine cranks, it’s not PATS related. PATS will not allow the engine to crank if doesn’t recognize the key.

OP
OP
StuckOnTheDock
Reaction score
Do you have an aftermarket security system, or are you referring to the factory immobilizer (PATS)? If the engine cranks, it’s not PATS related. PATS will not allow the engine to crank if doesn’t recognize the key.

Thanks, factory, so leaning heavily toward fuse 27 or somewhere in that system.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuse relocation kit was about $30 on Amazon and wasn't hard to diy. It was a scary feeling when mine cut out. I was testing the acceleration for the first time on some back roads near my house. It was great until the engine died and a large wrench appeared on my screen. You tube was a large help with several videos. I bought my 2014 Ruby Red Gen 1 Special Edition in January 2021. I'm 66 and it's a social security gift since I now qualify. It won't be used in the swamps down here in La. If y'all tell me how to upload a picture using an android phone, I'll do it.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuse relocation kit was about $30 on Amazon and wasn't hard to diy. It was a scary feeling when mine cut out. I was testing the acceleration for the first time on some back roads near my house. It was great until the engine died and a large wrench appeared on my screen. You tube was a large help with several videos. I bought my 2014 Ruby Red Gen 1 Special Edition in January 2021. I'm 66 and it's a social security gift since I now qualify. It won't be used in the swamps down here in La. If y'all tell me how to upload a picture using an android phone, I'll do it.
Nice! From any device, just below the text box there’s three red buttons, the middle one “upload a file”, hit that, find the picture, wait for upload (below the buttons), then either insert as thumbnail or full size (it shows up in the text box wherever the cursor is at). Hope that helps!!