Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Tuned or not? How to tell?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Napp E Roots, Mar 4, 2016.

1. zsommer79

zsommer79 Full Access Member

When i traded in my last mustang I left the aftermarket tune on the car because it had headers and no cats. The dealer called me asking if I would come and reflash the stock tune back on the car. I thought they were crazy but i did it anyway since it allowed me to use my SCT tuner on another car again. Salesman said it has something to do with Ford charging them for another tune but not sure if he actually knew what he was talking about.

2014RubyRed likes this.
  2. stevelp99

stevelp99 Full Access Member

It would be hard to tell, unless you flash back to stock to see if it is idling different of if any power difference on throttle. I had a similar issue with a 2015 mustang GT that had a tune but only found out after the fact. I ended up flashing back to stock so I could put my own tune on it.

3. Fordraptorforumman

Fordraptorforumman Member

stock tune limits you to 100mph max...also careful going much higher than this as your tires are rated for it

you can also check your rev limiter in park or neutral. rev it up and see how high it goes...i believe you are held to 3k in park.

4. New Nick at JDM

New Nick at JDM Full Access Member

Finding the max vehicle speed is probably not the safest way, but it is easiest way to tell if your truck is tuned or not.

WHYUMAD likes this.
  5. WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD Full Access Member

You could find out on a dyno though, safely that is? The gear it’s put in for the dyno puts it over 100 I’d assume. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone & get a baseline for your truck as well.

New Nick at JDM likes this.