Tune = Void Powertrain Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few have thrown caution to the wind. engine replacement is likely going to go into 5 figures, trans probably 4-6k minimum. If you can’t afford that kind of nut, think very hard about putting a tune on the truck.

Exactly this. You'll tune the truck and in the end you'll get used to the higher power just the same.

I think your costs are on. I know a Miata tranny is $5k ($7k with EMCO gears) and the engine is $5k through Mazda Speed. I am quite certain the GT derived Raptor engine with forged internals is going to sting on that invoice, as will a 10R80.

If you can shake your head a write a check for $10k +, I say tune it. For me that is a sizeabke chunk of money I can put to good use elsewhere.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many of us have multiple vehicles and the raptor is a weekend toy. I know I’ll be trading mine for whatever comes next that’s better. I doubt I’ll ever see 30,000 Miles. Many people are like me and I’m this category so in this scenario I can tune and also not worry about writing any big checks.

I’ll also be honest and say I’m not brand loyal. This is my first raptor and if Dodge builds a hellcat version of a raptor with competitive suspension, 35 or 37s... etc... with over 600 factory wheel horsepower.. I’ll be on those forums. :p

Is what it is. The ford factory tune will be fine I’m sure, but for a guy like me.... I’ll take all I can get.

Exactly this. You'll tune the truck and in the end you'll get used to the higher power just the same.

I think your costs are on. I know a Miata tranny is $5k ($7k with EMCO gears) and the engine is $5k through Mazda Speed. I am quite certain the GT derived Raptor engine with forged internals is going to sting on that invoice, as will a 10R80.

If you can shake your head a write a check for $10k +, I say tune it. For me that is a sizeabke chunk of money I can put to good use elsewhere.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt I’ll ever see 30,000 Miles. Many people are like me and I’m this category so in this scenario I can tune and also not worry about writing any big checks.

I’ll also be honest and say I’m not brand loyal. This is my first raptor and if Dodge builds a hellcat version of a raptor with competitive suspension, 35 or 37s... etc... with over 600 factory wheel horsepower.. I’ll be on those forums. :p

Is what it is. The ford factory tune will be fine I’m sure, but for a guy like me.... I’ll take all I can get.

Hmmm... what makes you sure that your added, aftermarket stuff will not break it in the time you own it? At this point, if anything breaks on your truck, chances are you are paying out of pocket. Ford has a check very early on for warranty claims.... modified, not getting fixed on their dime.

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
Hmmm... what makes you sure that your added, aftermarket stuff will not break it in the time you own it? At this point, if anything breaks on your truck, chances are you are paying out of pocket. Ford has a check very early on for warranty claims.... modified, not getting fixed on their dime.

Tell us about the Gen 2 Raptor that you own and have gained all of this first hand knowledge again????? :flipthebird:

This who thread is nothing but a troll. MGD and the thread starter are the same person. You losers have nothing better to do with your time then spend hours a day on this forum trying to either get people to drill weep holes or run down how “bad” the Gen 2 Raptor is.

Last edited:

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey all

So I talked to my dealership today and asked about tunes and impact on the warranty. They have many customers who tuned and said that it is exceedingly rare tunes have really caused any issues. However, they also made it clear that ford would deny any powertrain issues if a tune was applied AT ALL. This seems to be what most here have stated as well.

So my question for the group is this.

How many GEN 2 owners have tuned right after purchase and have you had any issues?

I continue to hold out for the FP tune that is supposed to be coming before the end of the year? It was supposed to be released in the summer, but wasn't.

I value my ability to have the truck serviced without questions asked and I trust the Ford engineers to deliver a safe tune. I don't think the smaller shops understand the cooling etc. that needs to be considered like the FP team who developed the truck do.

I'm pretty conservative, so take that for what it is worth.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I continue to hold out for the FP tune that is supposed to be coming before the end of the year? It was supposed to be released in the summer, but wasn't.

I value my ability to have the truck serviced without questions asked and I trust the Ford engineers to deliver a safe tune. I don't think the smaller shops understand the cooling etc. that needs to be considered like the FP team who developed the truck do.

I'm pretty conservative, so take that for what it is worth.

Another thread said Ford tune has now been pushed to 2018 because of California emission compliance.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another thread said Ford tune has now been pushed to 2018 because of California emission compliance.

Really? Great, well I guess I've waiting this long a few more months can't hurt. I'm really sick and tired of Kalifornia ******** things up for the rest of the Country.

I continue to maintain we should just sell that State to Communist China so we could eliminate the deficit and make 60% of them feel like kin. (The Raptor drivers could move to Texas of course.)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Really? Great, well I guess I've waiting this long a few more months can't hurt. I'm really sick and tired of Kalifornia ******** things up for the rest of the Country.

I continue to maintain we should just sell that State to Communist China so we could eliminate the deficit and make 60% of them feel like kin. (The Raptor drivers could move to Texas of course.)

So, we already settled that states can’t secede, but ... what if the rest of the country votes California “off the island”?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc