Tune and warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven Vaccaro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first gen Raptor had the sunroof fail 3 times. I had an SCT tune on that but when I brought my truck in, the tech said it was ok because the tune had no effect on the sunroof. He said if the engine or trans or computer has issues, then I’ll have a problem. I suffered the loss in my GTR. Many years ago I went FBO and E85. I ended up losing my trans while still under warranty. I took it in and they denied my warranty work on the trans due to the mods on my car. I assumed they would so I wasn’t shocked. So I bought a Jack’s 1000 race trans to put in. The dealership felt bad for me so they installed the race trans for free. But Nissan denied the work, not the dealership. My GTR was at the dealership for 3 weeks. They had to send ECU print outs and logs to Nissan before they would approve it. Once Nissan got the documents they wanted, they denied my work...

I look at it this way, we are buying as close to a true offroad race truck as you can buy. If someone wants to upgrade and change their truck, they then go into a racing status. When you race or bash, you better have deep enough pockets to pay for the repairs, because GM is not going to cover it.